Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

PLO - Flop trip A's in an 8-way pot OOP

BradleyT Posts: 621SubscriberProfessional
$1/2-5 PLO $100-$500 buy-in. There are some $3,000-$5,000 stacks so 90% of the hands are raised pre but this is one of the few hands of this session that isn't and I get to play what I consider an OK hand for cheap.

Hero ($525) in SB with A 9 7 8 completes for $5 and 8 players see the flop.

Flop ($40) A A 6
Do we lead out here? In game my thoughts were that I'm way behind any Axxx hand (I think PPT said I'm 36% vs. Axxx) and also behind 66.

1) Pretty easy check/call and evaluate turn?
2) Would you call this hand pre from the SB with $525 (everyone covers) if it were raised by LP (chronic raisers) to $35? With my shallow stack depth I nearly always fold but all the limpers would call so it'd be 7 to the flop for $35 each and about $260 in the pot.

Comments

• ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,086Subscriber
    Yeah I would check call evaluate
  • reedmylipsreedmylips Posts: 1,145Subscriber
    edited May 2015
    I'd check/call flop, and nearly always call a raise preflop. You have a nut suit and three smooth middle cards. How would you ever consider folding this preflop unless it was already 3-bet before it gets to you???
  • BradleyT Posts: 621SubscriberProfessional
    How would I fold it? I guess I've been undervaluing it compared to a hand like 5678/6789 (which I probably over-value) but I see now that it should probably perform just as good if not better because it can freeroll other straights with hearts as well as flush over flush someone which are both big pot scenarios.
  • chilidog Posts: 2,427Subscriber
    Yeah , if someone bets in an 8 way pot , it would be almost impossible for us to have the best hand. I've check / folded this type of hand before , but my typical default vs someone other than a serious nit meister is to check call thinking about 9 outs to improve.
  • BradleyT Posts: 621SubscriberProfessional
    OK, check/call and evaluate seems standard.

To my surprise nobody bet out. The dealer put up the A on the turn, "Ohhh, that's why nobody led out." My river bet got paid by a guy who must have had KK/QQ.
  • High__Rolla Posts: 775Subscriber
    BradleyT said:
    To my surprise nobody bet out. The dealer put up the A on the turn, "Ohhh, that's why nobody led out." My river bet got paid by a guy who must have had KK/QQ.
    Did you check the turn? I would lead to try to go for two streets of value versus someone with a high pocket pair.

• reedmylipsreedmylips Posts: 1,145Subscriber
    High__Rolla said:
    BradleyT said:
    Did you check the turn? I would lead to try to go for two streets of value versus someone with a high pocket pair.

Agree completely. Bet like 1/2 to 3/4 pot on both streets and get looked up by KK, QQ, or JJ.