Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

When is it ok to draw to backdoors?

ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,085Subscriber
Playing in a wild 15/30 o8 game A few limpers and I raise w AAK4 ds. Clubs and spades. Ace high for both. What happens is 6 players to flop capped pre. So 30 small bets

Flop 8 9 7 nitty girl leads out and player in ep raises. Now i have a shitty low draw but aces and nut backdoor clubs. Can i peel here?

Comments

• BartBart Posts: 5,821AdministratorLeadPro
    Chances you make one backdoor flush is about 5%, two is 10%. Plus you may make the best low if a deuce or three comes in. Its definitely a call given the pot size.

Bart
  • High__Rolla Posts: 765Subscriber
    If you put your hand into PPT versus 5 random top 50% hands, you have 17.5% equity OTF. With the odds laid, I think its a call. Your hand should be easy to play OTT - you either improve or fold.
  • ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,085Subscriber
    Yeah I think this is a leak in my O8 game.. after the hand I was thinking..shit I think I should have floated the flop..

the nitty girl was leading alot with nut low draws and say an overpair and the other player definitely had the straight since he loved playing middle rundowns.. or maybe he had a set.. either way all I need on the turn is 8 big bets to profitably call for just the high..

with 30 small bets on flop and another 2 each I would have 16 big bets if I called as well. say instead of a 4 i had a 2 then I have even more outs as if a low card comes on the turn I have more outs to chop even though I might get quartered..

well here's what happened

Spoiler:

Turn 5

it went check bet call..

River 2 wtf!

check check.. nitty girl flips over A456 ( I was shocked actually) and as expected other player had floped the straight with 6T85 ...

I am much more aggro then I used to be but these spots for some reason I get chicken.. I also was a little worried about calling and getting sandwiched in between the girl and the raiser.. oh well.. lesson learned
  • BartBart Posts: 5,821AdministratorLeadPro
    Maybe I should start a poker terms page for TheHammah.

Bart
  • reedmylipsreedmylips Posts: 1,145Subscriber
    Bart said:

Bart
    And for you too, Mr. "top full." :wink:
  • ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,085Subscriber
    reedmylips said:
    Bart said:

Bart
    And for you too, Mr. "top full." :wink:
    huh.. sorry im confused.. maybe its the lack of sleep..