Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Anyone ever had a root canal?

tensor0910 Posts: 123Subscriber
please tell me its not as bad as it sounds

Comments

• Arenzano Posts: 1,379Subscriber
    edited June 2015
    it isn't, if you have a good dental surgeon.
  • PocketAceTrader782 Posts: 439Subscriber
    I had one 4 months ago. I just put on a CLP podcast with Bart. His voice is very soothing and it will relax you. :)

Carmine
  • Jack7777 Posts: 650Subscriber
    I have always been afraid of the dentist until the one I have now. I had a root canal and it did not hurt at all. Zero pain, except the injections to deaden. Find a dentist who doesn't hurt his patients. Clue--Don't just take the opinion of his receptionist.
  • FreeLunch Posts: 1,288Pro
    Its no big deal
  • ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,072SubscriberProfessional
    just make sure you get enough pain meds.. I have had recently two crowns done at same time and its really important to not feel any pain..

and cool when your dentist is super interested in your poker and asks you all sorts of questions for distraction..he he :wink:
  • workinghard Posts: 1,501Subscriber
    I had my wisdom teeth removed. I elected for just a local novacain shot. It was kinda cool being awake for that but they did have to numb my toungue which led me to start chewing on it without realizing it. It was kinda gross afterwards drooling blood and I couldn't talk but after a day or so, the aching subsided and food started tasting like food again instead of blood. I'm happy to say that my smile is cavity free and certainly no root canals either so I woudn't know about that.
  • tensor0910 Posts: 123Subscriber
    I'm in bed right right groggy from Ibuprofen and hydroco/acetaminophen. They prepped the tooth yesterday for root canal next week. That part didnt hurt at all. But after the numbing wore off.....sheesh! I cant even swish water in my mouth w/o receiving a jolt of pain. I just hope this feeling goes away soon.....

Man I'm hungry lol
  • BradleyT Posts: 621Subscriber
    It's a walk in the park compared to the surgery I had 5 years ago for periodontal disease. Floss your damn teeth!!
  • 3aces Posts: 155Subscriber
    Just had one three weeks ago. My dentist gave me some Norco in case I was in pain that night. I didn't even need it. I took some Ibuprofen for what little pain and swelling I had and I was fine.
  • No it is not as bad as its sounds. Our health industry is becoming so advance that nowadays root canal treatment has become painless and giving you best treatment at affordable cost.
  • Glasscr40 Posts: 1Member
    I have had the Root Canal treatment and it was not painful as I had thought. The most important thing is to pick one of the expert dentists for this kind of treatment. I had chosen most renowned Torrance dentist and it turned out to be a nice experience. I won’t say it was completely painless but it was normal.