Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

1/2 AA in sb multiway - getting max value

pexw Posts: 18Subscriber
edited June 2015 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
1/2 club game in NYC

This is my first post on this forum so let me know if there is anything I'm missing.

V1 (~$500) nitty late 20's asian guy. I've only seen him once before and he only played one hand in that session - after sitting at the table for about 45 minutes he 3 bet shoved with 96s on a board that came 567rKo and lost.

V2 (~$500) is an older asian guy who has x/r at least 3 times since I sat down on scary boards. His raises are huge, like 5x, making it look like he is raising with air, but he hasn't gone to show down.

Hero is late 20s. With three nits in a row to my left I am opening light in late position and 3betting the guy to my direct right frequently since he seems to have the same idea as I do. Hero sat down at main game with about $170 and is down to around $85 after V2 scared him off with an all-in 3bet about one orbit earlier.

On to the hand

V1 UTG opens for $11
V2 CO calls
Hero SB with AA raises to $30
Both Villains call

Flop:
7 5 7
Hero is first to act with about $55 behind
First question: Thoughts on my preflop bet sizing?
Second question: How to play this for max value postflop?

Possibilities:
1. Go all-in, hoping that at least one of the two calls with a flush draw, two overs, or a high pp.
2. Check - If V1 bets to steal or for value, V2 is not unlikely to raise. Then I am all-in automatically and V1 might get odds to call.
3. Check - If V1 checks and V2 bets, then hero goes all-in and V1 folds, but I am doubling up from V2
4. Check - If it checks around, what is my plan for the turn? It seems like there aren't a lot of good turn cards here, any low card, diamond, or ace is probably going to kill the action.

Comments

• Bonezy Posts: 82Subscriber
    pre sizing isnt bad. if you were deeper and also villians were deep with me id like to go to like 45 to 55 becuase im oop. On the flop id prob just shove. You have less than 1 spr.
  • dpbuckdpbuck Posts: 1,989SubscriberProfessional
    With only 35 BBs preflop, I'm raising a bit on the smaller side, knowing I'm going to stack off on almost any runout, $25 or so.

As played, easy shove. You're so short, you're going to get looked up light.