Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Turned STR w/flush on board.

N8g Posts: 14Subscriber
2/5 is my normal game but when 5/10 does open on occasion and the table looks good I will take a shot.
I have some history with V. My image is very solid but LAGy. I have been able to get max value from V in past sessions, in tricky spots, showing down the goods because V knows I will have air there on occasion. V is a thinking TAG that has good tourney results.

5/10
Active table. Most bought in for about $800

Hero $850
V $700
Folds around to
Hero opens to $50 with 9h 10h from HJ
Btn calls
V in SB calls
BB calls

Flop 8cQc2c $200

Checks around

Turn Jd

V bets $85
BB calls
Hero calls (Any thoughts?)
Btn folds

River 6h $455

V checks
BB checks
Hero Bets $185 (thoughts?)
V tank jambs $565
BB folds
Hero?

Comments

• dpbuckdpbuck Posts: 1,977SubscriberProfessional
    This is probably a call. Why would villain check the river with a flush? Does he really think you're going to bet a bricked flush draw? Or valuebet anything at all? He should almost certainly be betting worse. This check raise seems fishy. Getting 3:1+, this is a call.
  • N8g Posts: 14Subscriber
    I have value bet the river with nutty hands and been paid off 100% by this particular V multiple times in other sessions. The check raise seems either fishy or really advanced. Going by our history, it felt like a I was up against the nuts. V knows I will often value bet strs, sets, 2 pr and smaller flushes if checked to.
  • dpbuckdpbuck Posts: 1,977SubscriberProfessional
    N8g said:
    I have value bet the river with nutty hands and been paid off 100% by this particular V multiple times in other sessions. The check raise seems either fishy or really advanced. Going by our history, it felt like a I was up against the nuts. V knows I will often value bet strs, sets, 2 pr and smaller flushes if checked to.
    But with your line you have those so rarely. You'd have busted clubs or a single pair (Qx or Jx) much more often. If he's capable of check/raising the nuts on the river here, when you're checking back with almost your entire range, props to him.

• N8g Posts: 14Subscriber
    Hero leveled himself and decided to impliment the old bet fold. V didn't show but insisted he had KQ. I sized the bet with bet fold in mind. I think I had made the decision before actually thinking through this particular situation based on our history.