Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

How do you play this river? Do you ever get to this river?

N8g Posts: 14Subscriber
2/5 $500 cap
Unknown V with about $1,100. He had been playing pretty snug for the hour or so I had been at the table. He did check raise on a flop and showed a flush draw an orbit or 2 before this hand. I had been playing pretty snug and only showing down good. I have about $800.

Folds around
Hero opens to $20 in CO with Kc 10h
V calls on the Btn (he took a few seconds to decide)
BB calls

Flop Kd9c2c $62

BB checks
Hero bets $40
Btn raises $140
BB folds
Hero calls (I have top pair, back door str & fd and this really feels like he's on the fd - thinking back to the last flop raise he made)

Turn Js $342

Hero checks
V bets $160
Hero calls (The bet seems weak, I now pick up more equity)

River Qd (Bingo!)

Comments

• dpbuckdpbuck Posts: 1,977SubscriberProfessional
    I'm probably folding the turn. If he is on a flush draw, he probably checks it back. Since he bet, you literally can't beat anything. Fold.

As played, I think you have to ship. He's not going to bet it for you with any 2P hands, and a smaller value bet will probably yield a fold. But a ship could level him into calling.
  • Aldune Posts: 55SubscriberProfessional
    edited June 2015
    I play it the same. OTR I like a ridiculously small lead like $80 trying to induce. I feel you induce more by betting small than by checking.
    If you fail to lead small just check and pray. Please don't bet a pot commiting amount !
    Lead small > Check > Ship imo
  • N8g Posts: 14Subscriber
    Why don't you think he would continue on the turn? If my read has him on a flush draw a lot of the time, why wouldn't I want to call turn for such a smallish bet when I pick up equity?
  • dpbuckdpbuck Posts: 1,977SubscriberProfessional
    N8g said:
    Why don't you think he would continue on the turn? If my read has him on a flush draw a lot of the time, why wouldn't I want to call turn for such a smallish bet when I pick up equity?
    If you think he had a flush draw, then I guess a call is fine. More often than not, though, he's checking behind with a naked flush draw. You have K, so there are no flopped pair+FD hands. I just think a flush draw with a bet on the turn is a very small part of his range.
  • N8g Posts: 14Subscriber
    I lead the river for $270. V jammed. I called. You can guess what V had.