Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

River trips after monotone flop and facing a bet

i have just sat down with a fresh $500 buy-in (cap at borg) and straddle to get my first hand: Ah5d.

i don't know relevant villain and i know most of this player pool, so he is likely a tourist or very infrequent player. mid-50s, silent, expressionless.

2 limpers, blinds call and i check it through:

flop ($50): Th8h5h

SB checks, BB bets $20, i call, CO folds, BTN calls, SB folds.

turn ($110): 2d

BB bets $40, i call, BTN folds.

river ($190): 5c

BB bets $80. my play?

Comments

• Johnny_UtahJohnny_Utah Posts: 402Subscriber
    edited June 2015
    I assume the effective stacks are $500...

I would probably try raising the turn bet. I would range villainas, has a flush already or some kind of straight draw (with or without) a....possibly a broadway with a T....

Also if we raise OTT and V calls we can get to showdown free (or fold to a bet) unless of course we hit the flush.

OTR I would probably make a crying call....probably a leak of mine....idk.... Definitely not surprised to see a flopped flush but in a cash game I'll call there. If we are beat you are still getting valuable information and have position on him for future hands.
  • dpbuckdpbuck Posts: 1,977SubscriberProfessional
    edited June 2015
    Raise the flop. Attack this limped pot. Be prepared to bomb the turn. Villain can't continue with anything but a flopped flush, and you have the redraw if he gets sticky.

As played, I'm probably folding the river. I think the only hand that he'd barrel three streets with that you beat is K 5.
  • Floyd Posts: 160Subscriber
    I think river is a fold. Unless he would play top two or top pair flush draw same way. Then you could go for a raise fold maybe