Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

turn sizing vs winning reg

2/5nl 500cap morning game tight passive for the most part

hero winning image covers table

villain in the hand is a semi pro(part time for the last 5 yrs) winning player with a unorthodox style. what I mean by that is he limps and open limps a ton but is pretty good post, Nit post, definitely not playing optimal though.

villain(650) open limps mp and two other weak limps(300-450 stack sizes) hero makes it 25 from bb (AhAd) and they all call 25

flop (100) 5c Ts 5h hero leads for 35 villain calls 35 all else fold.
Ranging villain 66-JJ since ive seen villain utg limp 99 during the session , T9s-ATs, One combo A5s,One combo56s. Hero's range looks pretty strong in villians eyes and respects hero's game
Turn(175) 6h hero ?

Comments

• Floyd Posts: 160Subscriber
    Half pot or maybe a bit more. $90- 115
    Lots of T's are calling you here
  • High__Rolla Posts: 765Subscriber
    edited June 2015
    Do you expect to be able to get three streets of value from a hand less than 5x from a "semi-pro nit"?

If not, I would check the turn, and if checked through, lead the river fairly large. I think you can get more value with this line since it will look dubious to him.

If you can get three streets, then lead like $90.
  • DrGambol Posts: 724Subscriber
    I'd bet larger on the flop to get value from the fishier limpers. We can still b/f against opponents if we feel like they aren't raising bluffs or Tx.

As played vs villain, my line would depend on how you perceive he plays Tx against you. For instance, if we can half pot 3 streets, then go for that. If he will bet Tx if we check, then x/c (and possibly lead river if you think he will call down). Another possible line that I like is to check turn and if it checks through, overbet the river. He should be trying to build the pot with 5x/TT with stack sizes given to get stacks in by the river, so his range is pretty capped at Tx. So just overbet your range accordingly as a bluff or for value as you see fit. You can adjust how large you bet based on what you think his tendencies are (like bet larger as a bluff if it gets more folds).
  • StarwarsJediMasterStarwarsJediMaster Posts: 741Subscriber
    High__Rolla said:
    Do you expect to be able to get three streets of value from a hand less than 5x from a "semi-pro nit"?

If not, I would check the turn, and if checked through, lead the river fairly large. I think you can get more value with this line since it will look dubious to him.

If you can get three streets, then lead like $90.
    thanks, ended up betting the turn small and he folded, I thought I could get 3 small streets but I should have taken the two street line . my mind was a bit cloudy for some reason today
  • StarwarsJediMasterStarwarsJediMaster Posts: 741Subscriber
    What do you guys think about bet flop check turn if it gets checked though go for a c/R on the river ?
  • Polarized Posts: 195Subscriber
    StarwarsJediMaster said:
    What do you guys think about bet flop check turn if it gets checked though go for a c/R on the river ?
    It's the driest of boards. I think we can extract value from checking this flop and going for 2 streets of value on turn and river.

You said the game was tight passive. By planning check raising river you are likely to lose so much value and V/s can play perfectly against you. You have to rely on a V actually betting the river first of all. If one V value bets small with a some kind of 2 pair they are going to bet/fold everything you beat and you then lose to all hands that beat you in a way ahead, way behind situation.

I also like a bigger raise for value pre into 3 players who have limped.