Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Bad river bet

wildncrazyguywildncrazyguy Posts: 422Subscriber
edited November -1 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
I chked the flop because I can’t see getting called by worse. I than value owned myself on the river but because he called my turn raise I guess I should just checked back the river eh?

Merge, $1/$2 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players
Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (CO): $143.34 (71.7 bb)
BTN: $345.51 (172.8 bb)
SB: $148.70 (74.4 bb)
BB: $128.97 (64.5 bb)
UTG+2: $181.55 (90.8 bb)
MP1: $130.70 (65.4 bb)
MP2: $206.70 (103.4 bb)
MP3: $223.22 (111.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with As 4s
UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls $2, 2 folds, Hero calls $1, BTN folds, SB completes, BB checks

Flop: ($8) Qs 6c Ah (4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($8) 5d (4 players)
SB bets $7, 2 folds, Hero raises to $14, SB calls $7

River: ($36) 3d (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $18, SB calls $18

Results: $72 pot ($3 rake)
Final Board: Qs 6c Ah 5d 3d
Hero showed As 4s and lost (-$34 net)
SB showed 6d Qd and won $69 ($35 net)

Comments

• WackabrewWackabrew Posts: 400Subscriber
    I would 3B pre with this hand in the CO.

You hand looks a lot like a weak Ace on the turn. Once he calls the raise I would either check back the river (we have a little showdown value with top pair) or turn your hand into a bluff. You are essentially trying to get a guy off of a weak A here. I don't know if a 1/2 PSB will do it.
  • bobo1384 Posts: 145Subscriber
    I don't like the turn raise. I don't think we get value from worse and I don't think we get better to fold. If you think he has something like QJ or KQ a better line I think is to call turn/ call his river bet.
  • whatsyourplay? Posts: 752Member
    bobo1384 said

I don't like the turn raise. I don't think we get value from worse and I don't think we get better to fold. If you think he has something like QJ or KQ a better line I think is to call turn/ call his river bet.
    +1
  • floppedawheel Posts: 1,063Subscriber
    just go ahead and bet the flop. it might be viewed as a position bet, so you're likely to get looked up lighter. a queen, a hand like KT, maybe even like 88 -- they all might call.... and since you're in position, you might as well raise it pre to give yourself a better chance to take it down on the flop if you miss.... do not like turn raise for the reasons others gave. and i'm called there, i figure i'm cooked so i either have to give up or bet big on the river.... not liking really any of your streets here unfortunately....
  • surfdealer Posts: 21Member
    as the hand played out, is it crazy to even consider a fold by the river after we call on the turn??? (not raising the turn)

hes betting into 3 players on the turn, doubt hes betting a single queen on the river with the ace on board
  • wildncrazyguywildncrazyguy Posts: 422Subscriber
    bobo1384 said

Good point