Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Flop King high Flush?

Latrell1515 Posts: 235Subscriber
edited June 2015 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
2-5 NL game-On Button with K-6 Clubs-2 limpers and I just limp behind since Sm and Big Blinds hadn't raised a pot yet in an hr. Flopped 2nd nuts 9c8c4c-gets checked to me-$25 in pot I bet $15..1 person in HJ seat calls-turn card 8h..so now 9c8c4c8h, gets checked to me I bet $40, he calls..River Ad..so we have 9c8c4c8hAd..he leads for $50. I raised to $125 fully expecting to fold to a reraise..he calls and shows he flopped Nut Flush with Ac7c..this was a bit of a older guy who plays pretty straight forward..any thoughts on my play? I was thinking he had the A Clubs the whole way with maybe the nine or the 4 and made 2 pair- I do realize obviously the paired board but..anyway your thoughts on my play? Thx!

Comments

• Latrell1515 Posts: 235Subscriber
    edited June 2015
  • Floyd Posts: 160Subscriber
    I think you played that fine. I would have bet $20-25 on flop but that's all. I like the raise fold for value on river. Just one of those hands. Consider yourself lucky you didn't get stacked. A lot of missed value by Villan
    I thought maybe by betting a little smaller and being on the button would have looked like a steal and would have got looked up..but either way could have been way worse
  • pray4blank Posts: 135Subscriber
    Agree to a larger flop bet...get the money in ASAP vs. smaller flushes, sets, 2pr, etc.

Otherwise, it's fine. Learn a lesson from the old man, and when in his situation, make sure you fast play nut flushes to not let a hand like yours off so easily. If you do, you have just made shittons of reciprocal EV.
  • dpbuckdpbuck Posts: 2,009Subscriber
    Stack sizes?

I'm probably raising or folding preflop. K6s is a little too one-dimensional to just limp along. Aside from that, flop bet is a bit small, but otherwise hand is played well.
    I had $550..he had about $400-Yeah..the limp is pretty weak but knowing getting in for min on the button tempted me..will definitly bet flop bigger next time,fold or raise....I have been fast playing all my hands-sets-NUT flushes etc.. since joining and has been paying off great..