Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

2/4 Line check

Floyd Posts: 160Subscriber
edited July 2015 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
V is mid to late 20's. Have played with her before. She is a good thinking TAG

2/4 9 handed
$400 effective with V

Hero raises to $20 from UTG+ 1 with K K 1 call from MP and V in the BB calls

Flop 2 3 4 (62)
check to Hero, bets $40
Folded to V who calls

Turn 6 (142)
Hero leads $70 and V calls

River is A (282)
V checks. Hero??

Comments

• dpbuckdpbuck Posts: 2,004Subscriber
    What was the timing on her river check. Did she think at all? Or was it an instacheck?

If she didn't ponder anything before checking, then I think you can go for really thin value with a small bet, trying to get called by 99-JJ. Any hesitancy at all on her part, thinking about betting before checking, and I'm checking back, as I don't think I can get called by anything worse that is thinking about betting.
  • Floyd Posts: 160Subscriber
    She checked it back pretty quicly. If Ace didn't come on the river would it be a good spot if checked to again and say a 2 came on river to bet like $250 for value. Polarizing our hand and trying to get called by 77-JJ?
  • DrGambol Posts: 724Subscriber
    Umm, check? Don't really see any argument for betting. The flush card got there. Ax for gutter and overs got there. Axs wheel combos hit 2 pair. There is a 4 liner out there. This would be the prime example of a good place to bluff someone off of mid pocket pairs. This would make a pretty terrible thin value bet.