Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

JJ in CO facing weird action. What's our play?

Bandgeek Posts: 140Subscriber
Super stationey guy makes it 15 from up front. Folded to me;
I flat in the cut off with JJ, since I've seen this guy call off a ton with middle pair or worse. I played a hand with him earlier where I flopped trip fives on a J55 flop, min raised him on the turn, he called and then led into me on the river with just a J.
Since there aren't many people left to act, I'd rather flat than 3-bet and fold out the blinds.

2 more folds

Big blind shoves for 135 more. He's been short for a bit and been all in a few times. Has been stacked once and has reloaded and is short again

Stationey guy just calls. It's 135 to call, I have 360 left and he covers.

How often are we good here with JJ? Call, fold, or shove?

Comments

• Bandgeek Posts: 140Subscriber
    Forgot to mention, is a 1-3 game, and 15 pre flop is pretty standard
  • Floyd Posts: 160Subscriber
    I think you should shove. BB never has a hand there. V from up front can have any broadways or smaller pairs and some suited connectors. It is a high variance spot when shoved but you're most likely in front here. If he was a good player you can find a fold. You don't have the stack setmine. Calling isn't an option. Shove!
  • DrGambol Posts: 724Subscriber
    Would you flat AA in the co because "there's only a few people left to act"?

If he's that bad, we need to be 3 betting pre so that he plays a bloated pot OOP vs our strong hand.

As played, I'm not worried about a spewy guy 3 bet jamming as a squeeze and a spewy guy flat calling. I'd jam. If he calls, then we're probably in okay shape against a TT+/AK range. If he folds, then no problem. We'll take the Bb on HU with 2:1 odds.
    I might flat with AA in a similar spot. Why wouldn't I want people with worse hands calling?
    If you have a super station raising pre, do we want to flat and have 4 people in the pot with $60 or would you rather 3 bet to $60, get the station to call and have the pot be heads up against a station with $120 in the pot? With both AA and JJ, I'd greatly prefer 3 betting.

I'd only flat if the pfr is always folding to a 3 bet or if there's a super high chance that a player behind will squeeze. And even if the guy folds to 3 bets a lot, I might just 3 bet to $35 or $40 instead of $45-60. Hell, min raising is fine too and still might induce calls behind us.
    i like that min raise idea, especially with 4+ villains left to act, its likely to induce a squeeze from someone with an AXs or KJ. I'll have to try that sometime.
    Bandgeek said:
    i like that min raise idea, especially with 4+ villains left to act, its likely to induce a squeeze from someone with an AXs or KJ. I'll have to try that sometime.
    That suggestion is only for someone that folds too much to regular 3 bets. Most live players have a really low fold to 3 bet %. I prefer 3 betting 3-5x the raise in most situations because people rarely fold. Don't go too overboard on the min 3 bet idea. Only good for special situations.
  • KSMKSM Posts: 222Subscriber
    edited July 2015
    I think this all depends on exactly how stationy you think he actually is. Is he a thinking player at all? Can he look at your flat, 4bet and question your line? Will he call with worse if he recognizes your line is fishy? I'm not sure I'd shove here, but if this guy will call with worse, go for it.

Also, I agree with Dr. Gambol. I'd rather 3bet here especially against a stationy player. You're going to make your decisions more complicated when you flat with a hand that doesn't play well multi-way.