Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

10/20 JJ in the sb

Polarized Posts: 195Subscriber
edited July 2015 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
10/20 2000 capped buy in
Villain is a fairly solid winning 2/5, 5/5 player who has recently started playing 5/10 and 10/20. He's been at the table a few hours and had his stack up to around 5K. I did see him lose a couple of key pots. One (3.5k effective) where there was a pre flop raise from the HJ, he flatted on the button, a creative reg 3 bet from the blinds to 230, and he back raised to 600, creative player shipped and villain tank folded and said you could only have AA in that spot.
Around 30 mins later a decent part time player with 2.5k made a 3 bet and villain 4 bet to 550, the 3 bettor shipped and villain called with AK off and ran into AA. I suspected villain was potentially on tilt a little but appeared to continue playing tight.

About 20 mins after the AA/AK hand that he lost he opened to 60 from UTG+2, MP calls, HJ calls, Button calls and I raise to 235 with JcJh from the SB. Villain, doesn't take too long to make a decision and flats my raise. Villain probably perceives me as quite aggressive pre, with a 3 bet pre frequency higher than most other regs.

Flop Qc 5c 7s. (660) I lead out for 435

Villain looks at his cards, takes about 8 seconds and announces all in for ~1750.

1315 to call. What's villains range and is this a call or fold.

Comments

• FreeLunch Posts: 1,309Pro
    Unless there is a lot of history or leveling - his range is a bunch of hands that are better than yours. Im not sure what going into more detail adds to the logic as this is more of a psych situation then math. If for some reason to think that sometimes he is spazzing out with worse -then a fold is still fine as you will get better spots to spaz catch. Fold