Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Deep 2-5 spots. Where did I go wrong ?

IPIW247IPIW247 Posts: 91Subscriber
Last night I got into s few interesting hands deep. I am not use to playing more then around 100bbs effective. Most 2-5 games I played are $500 capped.  

$2-$5 Red Rock 1k max buy in. 

Hand1, early in session ok image I absolutely misplayed what's the best line in this spot ? 

$750 effective 

Raise utg limber $20 AhKc utg

4 callers $100 pot 

Flop Jh Td 6h I bet $55 flop but raises $250 

I shove. I realized this was a mistake after. I didn't have much fold equity. What's a better line ? 

Hand 2 and 3 are vs same Villain 

Hand 2 $900 effective tight winning image but villain is new. 

I have AcKc on button against an middle aged asian guy who just sat down a few orbits ago and bought in for the max 1k. He has been fairly active. 

Villain opens $25 from MP3 cut off calls I 3 bet to $85 Villain calls.

Flop KJ 9 two spades ( I don't remember the suit distributions.) He checks I bet  $120, he calls. Turn is a K he leads into me for $225. I tank shove about $700. He calls river is a 8 spades he says he missed and mucked.

I think I played this hand alright. 1 orbit later I found my self in another big pot with same Villain.  

2 hands before this hand went down with the same Villain I won a big pot with AA when I raised utg $15 and got 6 callers and the bb squeezed to $85 I 4 bet to $210. It folded back to him and he jams for  about 1k with 86 off and I win the pot. 

I have a very good image.

$1100 effective 

Hand 3
I am in the small blind AdQd the Villain is HJ. 

Utg player limps and mp2 limps Villain raises to $25 I call both limpers call 

Flop comes Ac Qh Th I decide to check field players checks villain bets $35 into $100. I raise to $150 folds to Villain who makes it $425 

What's my play here? 

Comments

• tensor0910 Posts: 123Subscriber
    Unless you have very specific reliable reads on opponent I think hand 1 is a fold. You're really only ahead of QK and FDs. When V 5xs it otf he's probably not slowing down. I think you played the hand fine until the shove, don't really see any other alternative line.
  • Bandgeek Posts: 140Subscriber
    I recommend the podcast in the curriculum called cbet bluff matrix. For hand 1 almost all of the factors are against betting.

The aggression level at your game seems more like an online game than a live one. Is it always like that?
  • ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,086Subscriber
    So was red rock full of OMC??? I have been very curious if playing there might be nice because if the avg age is older then post flop play would be oh so much more predictable..

Hand 1.. you could cbet but I really like check calling deep in this spot.. if villain bombs away flop you manage the size of the pot so you can still call with your gutshot and two overs.. As played I am folding to the raise and never ever shipping..

Hand 2....I think you can even raise a bit bigger.. if he raises to 25 and there is one caller.. raise to something like $90-$100.. other than that I like the way you played it.. his lead on the turn is either a draw he is trying to block/name his price or he has a worse K.. he is almost never making this play if he is full..

Hand 3....well he does seem to be a bit of a maniac doesnt he.. well you lose to sets and KJ.. so he can have 3 TT 2 of each AA and QQ 16 total combos of KJ.. If he has say AhKh would he ship this??? Would he overplay KQ or KJ or QT? if any of that is true then I think its a snap call..

he has shown that he will ship over a bet 3 bet when you had AA I dont see any reason why he wouldnt overplay a hand here as well. If you didnt want to get it in with him I wouldnt have cr the flop.. if he is on a draw you really should charge him for it now.. if he does have a straight then you have outs and if he has TT you also have outs..

btw had you seen him bet this small before?? was he on a draw then too?? or did he bet tiny hoping to get someone to raise him??

ww
    by 1IPIW247
  • MrFizzbinMrFizzbin Posts: 356Subscriber
    Hand 3 is fold or shove there is no call. You will have less than a pot sized bet on the table at the river and a lot of cards come that will kill your action. or kill your hand. I lean toward folding the board is very wet,

Hand 2 something isn't right, did you show before he said I missed ? Means a lot...h1 check fold easy.
  • IPIW247IPIW247 Posts: 91Subscriber
    Bandgeek said:
    I recommend the podcast in the curriculum called cbet bluff matrix. For hand 1 almost all of the factors are against betting.

I am familiar with the Cbet matrix. Check calling is prob the best line. Thanks

The aggression level at your game seems more like an online game than a live one. Is it always like that?
    I have only played 3 sessions here but during the evening games have been delicious.
    [quote="Thehammah;53948"]So was red rock full of OMC??? I have been very curious if playing there might be nice because if the avg age is older then post flop play would be oh so much more predictable..

Whats OMC? Thee games are tougher during
    the day evening they have been great. Mix of players all ages.
    Thehammah said:

Hand 1.. you could cbet but I really like check calling deep in this spot.. if villain bombs away flop you manage the size of the pot so you can still call with your gutshot and two overs.. As played I am folding to the raise and never ever shipping..

Hand 2....I think you can even raise a bit bigger.. if he raises to 25 and there is one caller.. raise to something like $90-$100.. other than that I like the way you played it.. his lead on the turn is either a draw he is trying to block/name his price or he has a worse K.. he is almost never making this play if he is full..

Hand 3....well he does seem to be a bit of a maniac doesnt he.. well you lose to sets and KJ.. so he can have 3 TT 2 of each AA and QQ 16 total combos of KJ.. If he has say AhKh would he ship this??? Would he overplay KQ or KJ or QT? if any of that is true then I think its a snap call..

he has shown that he will ship over a bet 3 bet when you had AA I dont see any reason why he wouldnt overplay a hand here as well. If you didnt want to get it in with him I wouldnt have cr the flop.. if he is on a draw you really should charge him for it now.. if he does have a straight then you have outs and if he has TT you also have outs..

btw had you seen him bet this small before?? was he on a draw then too?? or did he bet tiny hoping to get someone to raise him??

ww
    Hand 1: I agree that's the best line.

Hand 2: Thanks, I def should raise more

Hand 3: I didn't play the AA hand against this Villain, that hand went down right before so I had a great image and a pile of chips. I had not seen him make a small bet like that. I didn't think he would make it with nuts on such a wet board.

I thought he would have made the play with a flush draw and any two pair so I just jammed & he bad KJ.
    MrFizzbin said:
    Hand 3 is fold or shove there is no call. You will have less than a pot sized bet on the table at the river and a lot of cards come that will kill your action. or kill your hand. I lean toward folding the board is very wet,

Hand 2 something isn't right, did you show before he said I missed ? Means a lot...h1 check fold easy.

I moved all in and he called, I had to show first. I didn't get to see what he had.

tensor0910 said:
    Unless you have very specific reliable reads on opponent I think hand 1 is a fold. You're really only ahead of QK and FDs. When V 5xs it otf he's probably not slowing down. I think you played the hand fine until the shove, don't really see any other alternative line.

Thanks, this line def makes the hand easier to play. I hit Broadway on the turn so I would of had to check call two more streets most likely.
    Thanks for the insight.
  • Mug15 Posts: 10Subscriber
    IPIW247 said:
    tensor0910 said:

Thanks, this line def makes the hand easier to play. I hit Broadway on the turn so I would of had to check call two more streets most likely.
    Thanks for the insight.