Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Thoughts on flop?

2-5Nl 500 cap morning game , fairly tight passive game. I dont like my play pre and know it was a mistake, but i would like feedback postflop. Villian in the hand is fairly predictable,passive and trappy post, also limps probably 33 percent of the time.

First 3 spots limp . Two out of the 3 players are fairly tight and dont limp that often. The rest fold and i overlimp black 99 otb and both blinds call 5.

Flop(30) 8d 5d 2s checks to Villian who bets 25 , hero ?

Comments

• ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,086Subscriber
    Jedi

Yeah this is a raise pre... but then you know that...

On the flop given the wet board you can either flat and proceed cautiously or I like a small raise on the flop if V is in later position and fold to any heat behind.. This is a raise for value but it will also define the range of the villain(s)

Now I might be roasted for saying this but here are my thoughts..

- You are not raising too big maybe even only to like 55 or 60.. if anyone cold calls you can almost be sure they have a flush draw..
    -If Villain now 3 bets you you can probably safely assume he has a really big hand.. now although there are not too many two pair combos in his range its a limped pot and ppl limp with a wider range
    -MOST players will not play their draws very fast..even combo draws so I discount someone bet threebetting with say 64ss or A4ss 34ss 67ss etc...
    -Villains WILL bet 3 bet with sets two pairs etc to "protect"
    -You block straight draws so shouldnt be as worried if say a T peels off on turn if called. If a 6 peels turn obv straight draws are only 34 AND doesnt give two many 2 pair combos that had pairs and straight draws on the flop..

btw what position is Villain in.. You talk about all the limpers but his position will also define how wide his range is. If V is in bb then he will have a much tighter range than say if hes in the CO.. I am much more comfortable raising for value then if he is a tight player who bets with 4 players yet to act..

ww

• StarwarsJediMasterStarwarsJediMaster Posts: 741Subscriber
    Thehammah said:
    Jedi

Yeah this is a raise pre... but then you know that...

On the flop given the wet board you can either flat and proceed cautiously or I like a small raise on the flop if V is in later position and fold to any heat behind.. This is a raise for value but it will also define the range of the villain(s)

Now I might be roasted for saying this but here are my thoughts..

- You are not raising too big maybe even only to like 55 or 60.. if anyone cold calls you can almost be sure they have a flush draw..
    -If Villain now 3 bets you you can probably safely assume he has a really big hand.. now although there are not too many two pair combos in his range its a limped pot and ppl limp with a wider range
    -MOST players will not play their draws very fast..even combo draws so I discount someone bet threebetting with say 64ss or A4ss 34ss 67ss etc...
    -Villains WILL bet 3 bet with sets two pairs etc to "protect"
    -You block straight draws so shouldnt be as worried if say a T peels off on turn if called. If a 6 peels turn obv straight draws are only 34 AND doesnt give two many 2 pair combos that had pairs and straight draws on the flop..

btw what position is Villain in.. You talk about all the limpers but his position will also define how wide his range is. If V is in bb then he will have a much tighter range than say if hes in the CO.. I am much more comfortable raising for value then if he is a tight player who bets with 4 players yet to act..

ww

Villian Was utg+2. Hero was on the button
    How many players between you and villain?
  • reedmylipsreedmylips Posts: 1,145Subscriber
    I would just flat. No need to blow up the pot early in the hand, you likely have the best hand, you will still get plenty of bets in on future streets.
  • StarwarsJediMasterStarwarsJediMaster Posts: 741Subscriber
    As played hero raised 70 Villian. Called
    Thehammah said:
    Nobody.
  • IPIW247IPIW247 Posts: 91Subscriber
    I agree with TheHammah. I like a smallish raise here about 75% of the time.
  • ACK Posts: 428Subscriber
    I would raise. For value.
    StarwarsJediMaster said:
    As played hero raised 70 Villian. Called
    Thehammah said:
    Nobody.
    Oh yeah villain can be so much wider in this case