Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Bad Flop with Top Pair-2/5 NL

Hero-good tight Image had been card dead but used Image to advantage in a few spots $850, -raised to $20 UTG with AsJs-V1-MP loose and called almost all raises calls $375-BTN-V2 Calls-clueless bad player calls-$300 and BB calls who was okay but bet weak draws with small raises and bet his hands face up-picked on him quite a bit/ $350, Pot is $80 =Flop comes 8h10h-Jc-I check UTG with that type of board to see what happens, MP bet $35 and at the same time the BTN bet $70 not realizing the MP player had even bet yet, almost anxious to get a bet in..I was fully expecting to check raise the MP raiser but when the BTN raised like that I got out of the way-so I folded and MP was able to take his $35 bet back and also folded and Btn showed Jh-9d..Was this a bad fold by me with that type of board and the btn and MP player not really having a big stack so to speak to go after? Thoughts?

Comments

• chequearoundcc Posts: 122Subscriber
    Y did MP get to take his bet back.
    He bet.... Ten got to take it back because the BTN bet out of turn. Then I'm assuming te buttons bet of $70 was enforced to stand.... Sounds really weird. Is that what happened
  • FuzzyDunlop Posts: 139Subscriber
    Betting the flop is the best course of action. You get plenty of value from draws and can easily fold to a raise. Checking makes it very difficult to play.
  • Latrell1515 Posts: 235Subscriber
    Yeah, the MP player bet and saw the BTN bet and pulled it back..I know was weird..yeah..a Bet/Fold sounds about rt actually..
  • chequearoundcc Posts: 122Subscriber
    Latrell1515 said:
    Yeah, the MP player bet and saw the BTN bet and pulled it back..I know was weird..yeah..a Bet/Fold sounds about rt actually..
    I know this is not the point I the thread but I wonder if mp had bet $70 at the same time as BTN bet $35 (amounts reversed) if MP could have taken back his bet then.
  • Latrell1515 Posts: 235Subscriber
    Who knows..its Daytona Beach and things aren't usually the way things should be..lol
  • AJoff Posts: 546Subscriber
    i usually dump on people for "information" bets. The "information" check seems way worse.
  • Drew5harkDrew5hark Posts: 575Subscriber
    edited July 2015
    You need to bet the flop with TP TK....plenty of hands that are worse to get value from...I'd bet 50-60 here.