Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

TP, monotone flop, against a Nit

It is a 1/2 home game but stacks are deep (300~400 BB).

It is live straddle for $5. UTG+1 and UTG+2 limp and hero raises to $25 from MP1 with A T. Everyone to the button folds. Villain on SB who is a very nitty player cold calls with a serious face.

UTG who had made the straddle and UTG+1 and UTG+2 call. so it is 5 way to the flop.
pot is (5X25=$125), flop 3 5 T ,
It is checked to hero and he bets $60, the nitty sb calls and everyone else fold, it is heads up.
pot($245), turn Q ,

Villain tanks and checks.

What hero should do now? is it a bet or check back against the tight preflop and flop calling range of a very nitty player?

Comments

• chequearoundcc Posts: 122Subscriber
    edited July 2015
    I'm bet/folding 150.
    This is a decent double barrel card. It's unlikely a nitty player calls the flop bet with q10 or the Qs.
    If called I fold to a river lead and also check back any non off suit card over a ten.
    The As would be an interesting river.
    Might be the very best bluff card
  • Chicago Iron Posts: 68Subscriber
    I check; we're really only getting value from AKo with a . A Q got there and he could being slow playing a flush or being overly cautious (which I think nits tend to do but I may be wrong) with something like JJ.
  • FuzzyDunlop Posts: 139Subscriber
    Against most players its a bet. Against someone described as "very nitty" then its is a definite check. Check behind river and fold to any river bet. There is no way you'll be called by worse on turn or river. It's not worth betting in order to protect your equity against a drawing hand.
  • MrFizzbinMrFizzbin Posts: 356Subscriber
    If you bet and he check raises big what do you do ? Does he have the or is he chasing the I don't think you are in a good position here. He's nitty but has enough equity to call 25 oop call a raise oop. Nitty players love the trappy trappy.... Check, fold river
  • Drew5harkDrew5hark Posts: 574Subscriber
    I think not betting is rather weak...Villain may have a strong range but that range includes many hands with the A that we beat such as A :s K x and A J x..If we bet and get raised, we can safely fold and we can take a showdown and get turn value from worse. If he has a hand like AQ with the A he will likely just call again. The only better made hand I think we can get to fold the turn is JJ.