Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Good spot to barrel?

Floyd Posts: 160Subscriber
2/4 $600 effective stack with Villan
V has been check calling a lot. Limp calling raises OOP. Doesn't look like he knows what he is doing. He has had a couple lucky hands and tripled up.

V limps Utg, hero UTG+1 iso raises to $20 QdTd, BTN calls limper calls 3 players to the flop

9 5 3 (60)
limper leads $20, Hero raises to $50, BTN folds and V calls.

With backdoor and straight draw and two overs I think this is a great flop to barrel 3 streets. V most likely isn't going to like any J Q K A

Turn J (110)
V bets $30, Hero raises to $85, V calls.
River 6 (280) V bets $50
Hero?
Can we continue to bluff here?
Considering I am semi bluffing on the turn is my sizing to small?

Comments

• MrFizzbinMrFizzbin Posts: 356Subscriber
    First of all the pot is 330. Second he's called 2 re-raises cold ? Does this not set off any alarms at all ?????

Should you shove and rep hearts and if he's an idiot he may fold but any thinking player is looking at your hand and saying your story doesn't make sense unless you have JJ and if you have JJ then so be it. Fold you have nothing.
    by 1Floyd
  • DrGambol Posts: 724Subscriber
    Flop is close between raise, flat, fold. I could be convinced to make any play based on villain behind and how this player plays postflop. You said he x/c a lot, but with what types of hands? How did he play in the pot he got lucky in? A lot of players will donk bet top pair or better and x/c heir weak pairs and draws. Some people slow their big hands and will block bet their weak hands. So it's hard to say whether or not you should bluff river without more info.

But as is, he's called your flop and turn raise and continues to donk bet river. Chances are that he thinks you'll raise the river if he bets since you did it last 2 times. So probably just muck river.
    by 1Floyd
  • chilidog Posts: 2,427Subscriber
    Not a good spot for barreling river. He doesnt believe you already and you have nothing. Also your turn raise should be a lot bigger , like 125.
    by 1Floyd
  • Floyd Posts: 160Subscriber
    Limp calling hands like 64s off suited connectors A rags. Does anyone think his sizing is just tiny and that he seems super weak. Definately OTT?
  • ANason21ANason21 Posts: 166Subscriber
    Floyd said:
    Limp calling hands like 64s off suited connectors A rags. Does anyone think his sizing is just tiny and that he seems super weak. Definately OTT?
    His bet sizing is a bit on the small side, but the flop is super dry, so you can't really put him on just a 9. He bets, calls a fairly small raise, and then leads small on the turn and calls a small raise again. Even if we don't give him credit for knowing what he is doing, it is highly unlikely that he has air. Even if he has one of the few straight draws on the flop (67, 78, 68, 64, 24), every single one of them improved by the river. It makes a lot of sense for him to show up here with 55 or 33, but even if he doesn't, he almost certainly has you beat and likely is not folding. Just fold.

by 1Floyd
  • AJD804AJD804 Posts: 184Subscriber
    Let me ask you a question. In your opening write up, you said that the villain has done a lot of limp calling pre flop and check calling after the flop. Implying that he has been playing loose passive and isnt a good player. You raised pre flop which is a bit loose, but not terrible and comes along with the button. Again a bit loose but I really dont see a problem yet.

Then after that dry ragged flop he LEADS OUT!!!!! What could a loose passive player lead out with here? But you decide to raise which isnt the worst play in the world and he calls. Then the turn brings a J. HE LEADS OUT AGAIN!!!!! Alarm bells should have been going off on the flop, but now on the turn players 4 tables over know this guy has a huge hand. The fact that he didnt repop you on the flop or turn tells me he most likely holds either 33 or 55 but Im leaning towards 33. You should fold this river every time and should have folded when he led out on the flop
    by 1Floyd
    I agree with everyone 100% you know when you just a have a live read on a player. His bet sizes was tiny and I just didn't beleive he has a hand here. He has no idea what I'm representing so I'm not worried about him actually thinking what I could have. Just applying pressure. He is not a thinking player. He was awful. I re raised his river bet to$160 and he called pretty quickly and showed 87o.
    I actually had the best hand the whole way till the river. I was mainly trying to get all his 9x and worst to fold on the river.
    Looking back I'm not sure he even folds a pair of 9's. Won't be doing that to him again with Q high