Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

3B value sizing to big ?

Ex. 500Effective 2/5NL

Weak loose fish opens for 20 in co and loose fish calls otb back to hero in BB (AQ) hero ? Thoughts? Would my sizing be the same if i had AA ? I mean i wanna get action with both hands but should i size it smaller with AA vs bad players since there probably not paying attention to sizing.

Comments

• TaintBDTaintBD Posts: 244Subscriber
    Bad players pay attention to gross sizing -- which is why Bart likes to spike the pot with large chips -- donkeys don't calculate pot size or SPR or bet size as percentage of pot. Fish DO pay attention to overall size. $100 in my 2/5 game is not huge. Anything over $200 gets their attention. $300 or greater me they're tanking -- even with $600 pot.
    With $40 in your pot I would make it $70 with AQo, PP, or suited aces I'm trying to 3bet steal
  • StarwarsJediMasterStarwarsJediMaster Posts: 741Subscriber
    TaintBD said:
    Bad players pay attention to gross sizing -- which is why Bart likes to spike the pot with large chips -- donkeys don't calculate pot size or SPR or bet size as percentage of pot. Fish DO pay attention to overall size. $100 in my 2/5 game is not huge. Anything over $200 gets their attention. $300 or greater me they're tanking -- even with $600 pot.
    With $40 in your pot I would make it $70 with AQo, PP, or suited aces I'm trying to 3bet steal
    Iam not trying to ever steal vs these player types its all value.
  • snapper35 Posts: 243Subscriber
    edited August 2015
    Whatever you feel most comfortable with here. Bigger, keep it small or iso.
    you could be getting worse AX to fold and your opos. get to flop play more hands vs these 2.
    If they arent playing attention to size then why smaller?

AQ and sizing is the start of hand-get to flop vs fish. Once you see how they play then you will know what to do. I keep grinding away at them, in a capped game the money will get in when ever you decide to.

• pokertime Posts: 2,194Subscriber
    I agree with the 60-70 sizing. you
    Are looking to steal but you are also raising for value . It's possible to do both since you only
    Play one street at a time. You don't have a hand yet and so if they go nuts on a 2 5 8 board your done and cursing AQ. Lol
  • marseille Posts: 400Subscriber
    I am assuming this is not a value squeeze but a straight value 3bet. At these stack sizes, smaller 3bet will (50-65) give you more room to maneuver postflop, especially if villains are sticky. If instead they are loose fit/fold, size it bigger as you won't get much action on flop. Only difference AQ and AA is that folding out worse is disaster for latter. With AQ, you bet for value but don't mind if worse folds since your equity edge is a lot less and you are oop.
  • SKOOSKOO Posts: 160Subscriber
    You stated that both players are loose.

Make it the same $$$ you would with the top of your range.
  • uWannaChop Posts: 37Subscriber
    Largely player dependent. Take a second to think about what you want exactly.

A lot of players will call a big amount, others even a twenty dollar difference will sway a call or a fold
  • Dab44 Posts: 411Subscriber
    Make it 70 or 75