Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

100+bb Deep 3b Preflop Facing Overbet C/R OTF Holding KK

elemeffayeoh Posts: 26Subscriber
edited August 2015 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
Villain is a white guy probably in his 30s or 40s wearing a polo shirt. He has a LAG image. I've only seen him in a few hands. One was when he had top pair OTF and bet the turn but then checked back the river when the flush draw OTF hits. His top pair was not good in that hand because the original checker made a flush OTR. He did massively overbet all-in in a pot of $10ish when he hit his OESD and showed after everyone folded. And he did talk about a hand he played where he had hundreds in his stack and went all-in with a straight into a pot of $15 and got called by an overpair.

Hero had just been sitting down at the table for 30 minutes and has been seen folding a lot. I am playing a TAG image and haven't been getting OOL. Haven't won or loss big pots and pretty much have the same starting stack I started the session with.

Live Full Ring Cash Game
Stones Gambling Hall
$1/$3 NL

Stacks:
Villain is SB with $800
Hero is CO with $500

Pre-Flop: ($4) Hero is CO with K K
MP raises to $10, Hero (CO) 3b to $35, Villain (SB) calls $35, and MP calls $25

Flop: T 7 3 ($108, 3 players)
SB checks, MP checks, Hero bets $85, SB c/r All-In and covers me, MP folds, Hero????????

So it would be $380 more for me to call and the pot is $658 so I would be getting a little under 2:1 to make this call. I am not sure if I am good here 37% of the time. I would lose to 9 combos of pocket Ts/7s/3s, 6 combos of AA, would be flipping with hands like A T or any A x and would have to dodge a 15 out draw if V had 8 9 but I am ahead of 6 combos of JJ and 6 combos of QQ. Not really sure what else I can put in V's range. So how would you approach this hand?

Comments

• dpbuckdpbuck Posts: 2,055Subscriber
    Based on that description, it seems like a fold. His previous overbets have been with made hands. I tend to lean towards your range and assign him either strong made hands or massive draws. You're not doing well against that range.
  • Dab44 Posts: 411Subscriber
    Snap call
  • Doc Posts: 31Subscriber
    I second dpbuck's analysis but you already seem to understand the precariousness of the situation. I believe only a very loose-aggressive player makes this call and he/she had better be ready to rebuy.
  • pokertime Posts: 2,194Subscriber
    I think you can take AA out of his range. Doubt he's just call PF with that. Might even apply to QQ. C/r is a strong play so unless you've seen him do that yet it's a fold. He could be jaming with a big draw but it's not worth finding out the hard way. I might even check the flop with this kind of player in the hand but it doesn't sound like he's getting it in with out a hand.
  • DavidChan Posts: 1,208Pro
    Cbet is too big. I prefer cbet sizing of $60-$70 instead of the $85 sizing that you chose.

As played, I would call barring a crazy live read (I would probably probe SB for a live read for a while before calling because probing him is a freeroll).
  • OscarNuke Posts: 16Subscriber
    DavidChan said:
    Cbet is too big. I prefer cbet sizing of $60-$70 instead of the $85 sizing that you chose.

As played, I would call barring a crazy live read (I would probably probe SB for a live read for a while before calling because probing him is a freeroll).
    What kind of read would you be probing for, and how would you probe?
  • elemeffayeoh Posts: 26Subscriber
    DavidChan said:

Is the reason you're calling here also because we are only 166bb deep to start the hand and it's not like we're 300bb+ deep?

• ClockClock Posts: 1,133Subscriber
    I would call fairly quickly.
    I like Davd's idea for trying to get a live read "freeroll" :tu:

There're too many T x in his range, plus JJ and occasionally maybe even QQ for us to fold given the odds. He might also do it with A x