Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

hands from a winning session....hand no. 2....super polarized river spot vs shove

Here's hand no. 1 and some back ground on villain...this hand is vs the villain who was bb in this hand,
http://www.crushlivepoker.com/forums/discussion/6227/two-tough-hands-from-big-winning-session-hand-no-1-ak-turn-2-pr

He's been super splashy at times and also has limped big PPs and overplayed for his whole stack early vs QQ w KJ when he turned the nut straight vs another villain on AQ5..Q..T board as his opponent had QQ for quads. He's a rec player who rarely wins but can also play unconventionally.

We are down to 4 handed and I've just racked up my 2600+ from a big session...I feel like the game is going to break soon and I am planning on leaving regardless in the next 15 mins or so. You can play with the racks on the rail so I'm not necessarily looking like I'm leaving but it may induce some action.

BTN has ~615...HERO covers
HERO is in SB.... BTN limps, HERO raises to 25 with 9 9 BB folds, BTN calls quickly.
FLOP (~50) 7 6 3 HERO bets 40, BTN snap calls.
TURN (~130) 8 HERO checks? BTN bets 120, HERO calls,
RIVER (~370) 9 before HERO can act, BTN says "I'm all in" out of turn...only 3 or 4 seconds after the river is revealed...HERO considers bet folding with this knowledge but checks, BTN shoves and hero folds...

I realize the turn is likely a mistake by check calling but I considered that villain can have two pair here easily and I've seen him limp on the button with big PPs and he may be laying the hammer down now. There are definitely other hands in his range, it's late at night and he appears to be in a gambly mood and I erred on the cautious side on the turn and was planning on evaluating rivers. This shove doesn't seem like a way to play a 5 or a T but you never know with this guy....

Comments

• JamesSuh Posts: 320Subscriber
    What are the rules in your cardroom in terms of out of turn betting? I would try to use that to my advantage.
  • Drew5harkDrew5hark Posts: 578Subscriber
    How can I use it to my advantage out of position? He shoved regardless when I checked
    When I used to play in underground games in Toronto, here was the rule for out of turn action:

The person betting out of turn can only call your bet as long as your bet is less than the out of turn bettor's sizing. So for example, in this hand, before you acted, he moved in. You can throw out a $5 chip and he must call that bet and you can showdown.
  • ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,090Subscriber
    again I feel you raised to small pre. maybe im just so LA'd but I think you are giving too many cheap flops.

so oop raise BIGGER

why check the turn? you now have over pair and open ended on a really wet board. Im betting very close to pot.

river if you think villain might have had a straight draw that made two pair on turn then make another value bet. small to get called. if he shoves then of course fold. you didnt have that option of course but if villain hadnt gone all in

he likely has some combo of Ts. cant call. oh and dont rack up your chips if you normally dont play with them racked. you never know who might be paying attention
  • beauregard Posts: 1,592Subscriber
    JamesSuh said:
    When I used to play in underground games in Toronto, here was the rule for out of turn action:

The person betting out of turn can only call your bet as long as your bet is less than the out of turn bettor's sizing. So for example, in this hand, before you acted, he moved in. You can throw out a $5 chip and he must call that bet and you can showdown.
    in the card rooms that I've played in - the rule is the person's out of turn bet must stand if the action leading up to the person doesn't change... so if hero checks, V must go all in. But if hero bets - this changes the action - and V can call, raise or fold.
    I've seen that rule as well Beau and I don't like it. It does not punish the out of turn player for not paying attention to the action and opens up the angling. There are a couple rooms here where the money stays in no matter what, which I dislike as well.
    Results?
  • Drew5harkDrew5hark Posts: 578Subscriber
    I asked the floor about the rules and they said that he still has the option to raise if I bet even if he has acted out of turn. If I check, he must go all in so I can either check and call knowing he has to go all in or I can bet and slow him down and then fold to a shove which was probably the best move.

It didn't seem like a value line and he acted too quick but I didn't flow my instinct and folded and left the room. He told me he has A8o so it makes sense a bit but still is a complete spaz on the river and turn too.