Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

rthh. turned straightflush on paired board best line?

ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,090Subscriber
my image is very very good. been winning since i sat down at tbl.

villain in hand plays draws very aggro and will raise kq on q high board vs pfr cbet. hero stacked villain for 1000 hr earlier when I flopped bottom set he raised oesd. he turned flush draw too and i cr all in he called and missed

otth

villain has rebought and has about 800. another player in mp1 raised to 20. 5 callers including me in sb and villain in bb. $120 tp flop

K T T

i ch planning on cr. it gets checked around. turn. 9

im torn between leading out which looks super strong into 6 people and going for cr depending on who bets

i decided leading was too strong given my image and bb bets $75. i was hoping someone was slowplaying but it folds to me.

Hero?

Comments

• tomorrow33tomorrow33 Posts: 485Subscriber
    I think you maybe min click it back, to try and juice the pot up a little and give V some crazy good odds to hit his if hes got the A:c: or to fill up if he has one pair or a T.

If he plays draws aggro then maybe you can get him to spaz it off with the A J A Q that has a gut shot and NFD. If V has a T then it sounds like he's probably going to go for it and any other weak hands/bluffs that he's leading with will probably check back the river so I say juice the pot a little whilst V could think he has outs so your value bet on river can be bigger and hopefully he fills up/hits the NF so you can stack him. Otherwise hopefully he has a K or T and will pay off a river bet.
    With the flop action of checking around I think its unlikely V has a T, probably more weighted towards A x or say KQ etc.
  • pokertime Posts: 2,194Subscriber
    I agree a min to small raise. You basically need him to have a hand or catch up on the river. If that happens he should lead river and you can get it in. If he checks river I'd bet $300 ish.
    edited August 2015
    pokertime said:
    I agree a min to small raise. You basically need him to have a hand or catch up on the river. If that happens he should lead river and you can get it in. If he checks river I'd bet $300 ish.
    V is in BB and Hero is in SB so we have to lead river and hope V fills up or hits the NF etc

• workinghard Posts: 1,573Subscriber
    edited August 2015
    check raising looks way more scary than leading out. I would say lead out biggish for $90. A lot of hands that are drawing will stay in. Your intro about the BB seems to suggest he raises C-bets with top pair but he's OOP to the PFR and it's a multiway draw heavy board so if you were expecting to bet, I think you're being a bit too hopeful. Honestly, with flopping an OPSF multiway, I would consider just leading out on the flop. This hand is going to get checked thru a lot and you actually want to get value from your huge draw.

As played on the turn, you gotta to raise back to start building up the pot. Maybe make it $175 and hope he re raises.
  • ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,090Subscriber
    jeff

if there were fewer players then I would agree with you completely. but with 6 players total there is a decent chance that at least one person has a t and if two have a ten or someone has a ten and another has a flush I can make so much more.

omg just hit another straight flush. tiny pot though. unreal
    Thehammah said:
    omg just hit another straight flush. tiny pot though. unreal
    WOW! I had a straight flush and then quads in back to back sessions but twice in a session is unreal

What happened in the first hand?
    So in the first hand.. i was pretty dissapointed that there wasnt more action.. But I know the villain would never fold a T or a club draw so I raised to $175..

he snapped called. like almost getting his money in faster than me.. I prayed for the board to pair or a club or whatever his kicker might be if he had a T..

So If his range is say AT JT QT KT T9 maybe T8 and Ax hands.. Any K Any 9 Any T any A and any club I am likely to get his last 450...

Thats 7 clubs
    Thats 1 T
    thats 3 9s
    thats 2 Ks

hammah stacking outs = 13 nearly a third of the deck..

of course a 2 hits I bet 275 and he open folds A T

I seem to always hit these hands oop.. I still feel given how my image was leading would have gotten all A to fold (except that it was him) and only Ts to call too.. so I would almost have to go with the bomb bomb route and hope.. and that looks so so strong into 5 players.. I dunnno.. just hard

So interested how this hand would have played had I been say on the button..

I call pfr and we go 6 ways to same flop. Checks to me I bet my oesfd.. villain might raise he might call. doesnt matter cuz I get $90-$100 in on the flop..

Turn pot is now $300 and I have abs nuts.. I need to keep betting if its heads up.. Villain might even lead that turn too. there I would just flat since I will get his stack on river I am betting at least $150 he might even ship over this bet too.. as I said he will play his draws very fast..and if he had say KT I am getting him to commit right then and there..

so easy in pos so much hard oop..
  • pokertime Posts: 2,194Subscriber
    tomorrow33 said:
    pokertime said:
    V is in BB and Hero is in SB so we have to lead river and hope V fills up or hits the NF etc

Whoops. Agreed.
  • FreeLunch Posts: 1,311Pro
    Ive seen a few people overbet shove straight flushes in situations where I would never think they would get payed but they get payed. Something about someone putting 500bb into a 40bb pot will force some folks to make mistakes. Have not had a chance to try this in NLH but If there it really only needs to work a small percentage of the time.
    very interesting. had one of my "outs" hit. like A club or board pairing I was planning on just open shoving.

thinking back I bet I could have raised more on the turn. to maybe $225. thats really only getting me $50 as played and doesnt really change my river play

ww
  • dannydeuces Posts: 239Member
    typically prefer a 3x raise size, so 225 I think would have been better in this spot.

I think leading the turn rather than check-raising much better. Bet-bet line on turn-riv than seeing if villian will bet for you (or possibly check, losing a street of value). By betting turn, you could have Tx, straight (that does not want to see 4th club), small flush, etc.