Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

nl500 limped pot vs any2 range

maphacks Posts: 2,009Subscriber
edited November -1 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
nl500: villain - solid reg, capable to make moves

effective stack with villain: ~1,2k

10handed: Hero limps 4s8s in the CO after 4 or 5 limpers. flop Ts9s5s, villain who checked in the BB preflop bets 40 into 35 into a 7way pot. i flopped 8 high flush. i think villain would for sure raise TT preflop and almost always 99 as well at that table. 55 and all T9 combinations he will check almost always preflop.

everybody after BB folded to me and i think i was last to act on the flop. i raised to 120 but was not really sure what to do against a 3bet. in retrospect i think raise/fold is the best play, as i hardly ever expect him to 3bet me with any worse hand than mine but gain value from 2pair/55.

any suggestions?

Comments

• kdogmc Posts: 100Subscriber
    4s8s is a fold preflop for exactly this reason. Where are you in the hand? Lost.

But as played, raise is best.

4s8s is just going to get you in trouble. Junk.
  • bobo1384 Posts: 145Subscriber
    raise his flop lead but if he plays back at you, I think its a fold.

Ive played in limp heavy games where pots can get to the flop with 5+ limpers. It is so tempting to get in there with suited low to midrank cards to try and flop gin, but when you do flop your gin you are left in this situation.
  • whatsyourplay? Posts: 752Member
    raising the flop looks good.
  • maphacks Posts: 2,009Subscriber
    kdogmc said

4s8s is a fold preflop for exactly this reason. Where are you in the hand? Lost.

But as played, raise is best.

4s8s is just going to get you in trouble. Junk.
    well i think at some tables you can definitely play that hand if BU is not that aggro. Though i missplayed that hand, I also would give myself a postflop edge on probably anyone at that table. I will raise a lot of boards with backdoorflushes/and or gutshots. people tend to play very honest in limped pots imo and most guys raise their sets even at boards like 932r (does not mean it is bad, i just mean i get the information very early if I intend to make a play at them). I would 100% call that hand on the BU with 3+ limpers if the blinds are not super loose. If u do not know what to do postflop and just overcall to hit your hand, it is -ev for sure.
    however the more I think about it, raise/fold against this player is the best option.
  • maphacks Posts: 2,009Subscriber
    btw 84s is still boarderline for me. i would fold T5s. 73s might also be a fold depending on the table
  • Fold pre. Do you guys never take into account the rake? It's one of the many reasons to not limp these garbage hands. Standard raise/fold on the flop.