Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

ak tp raised on flop

PokerIsFrustrating Posts: 657Member
edited November -1 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
1/2 nl $300 max buy-in

Hero (350) had been raising a bunch and won a bunch of pots without showing down. In the past few orbits I haven't got really any hands so I've mostly folded. When I did show down I showed ak and aq, so they at least know I sometimes have it. A little before this I lost kk to aq in a 3b pot where an ace flopped, I checked it back and then the guy (not villain in this hand) made 2 smallish bets and I paid off. So maybe I have an unlucky image.

Villain (500) 40s philipino guy I think. Plays fairly tighht although he has 3b me once this session and 3b maybe two other times. One time he had aces and the other two he didn't show, so I don't really know his 3b range. as far as I know he doesn't really bluff, and plays somewhat tight although not necessarily passive post. He flopped a set earlier and raised flop vs the Pfr, then shoved turn for like a 2/3 psb and got called and won.

Utg limps
Hero (utg+1) As Kc raises to 12
Villain (button) calls
Bb calls
Utg folds

(36)
Flop: Ac 5h 6s
Bb checks, hero bets 20, villain raises to 60, bb folds, hero calls

(155)
Turn: Ac 5h 6s 3h
Hero checks, villain bets 60, hero?

I'm never sure how people will react if I've been raising a lot, but villain might have seen that and I thought its possible he could be raising with something like aj/aq/ak thinking I'm fos. I thought I could call here, and if he bombs the turn he really should have a set or 2 pair almost always.

I ddon't know if he even calls my raise heads up with a6s or a5s. If he has 65 I'm in trouble although j have some equity and obviously vs a set I'm dead.
I didn't know what to make of the same bet on the turn. He's not a total fish so I'm assuming he has some idea of the pot. You'd think with a set he'd bet more because "wow, I have a set" and also because he'd want to get stacks in.

If he has 65 I actually have 8 outs so I need 4.5-1 and I'm getting about 3.5-1. Vs a5 I'm down to about 7 or 8-1 and a6 is like 5%. I thought there is also some chance he could have ak or aq and the river goes check check and I win or we chop.

What so you guys think. Call turn? Fold turn?

If I call, am I bet folding a king river? Ace river?

Comments

• bobo1384 Posts: 145Subscriber
    My gut reaction to the turn bet is that it looks weak. can he ever have 78 here?

I'm calling turn with intention of checking river to evaluate, if the sizing is small id probably call. If a K or A landed i'd lead for $120 and probably fold to a raise.
  • kdogmc Posts: 100Subscriber
    I agree with bobo. Call and evaluate the river. Looks like AQ. Maybe AJ.

I he really bombs the river we can let loose. But I bet he checks back blank river.
  • whatsyourplay? Posts: 752Member
    Agree wth bobo also. His turn sizing is so small that he can have some two pairs or AK, AQ type of hands. If he fires the river big, I am folding. Any A and K is a bet/fold, as bobo said.
  • PokerIsFrustrating Posts: 657Member
    Seems everyone agrees. Thanks for the comments!

I actually called turn, river was a low straightening card like a deuce, I checked and he checked back 65s which was 2 pair and he won.

I'm thinking had be bet like 100 or more on the turn I fold. Its been annyoing me lately when guys don't know how to bet size and end up getting value from me when had they made a larger bet I just fold.