Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

I don't know why I'm buying in short if I'm folding this hand

UntreatableFPS Posts: 1,004Subscriber
edited November -1 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
I assume that villain is OMC. He was pretty snug pre and seem to be straightforward post. There was one hand when he raised to $60 pre, got two callers, and bet $175 on a T44dd flop, so I assumed he was being unbalanced with an OP he was trying to protect. Yes, OMC style.

5/10 ~$850 effective
I raise to $35 UTG+2 with KsQs
Folded to villain in BB who calls

Flop ($75)
4s 5s Qc
Villain checks
Hero bets $45
Villain raises to $145
Hero calls

Turn 3x
Villain bets $450

This is a spot where top pair plus flush draw is not a big hand. I pretty much just have a flush draw, right?

Ok, I'm done complaining about running bad

Comments

• reedmylipsreedmylips Posts: 1,146Subscriber
    First off, what is "OMC?"

Second, If effective stacks are only 85BB, then why is he trying to put so much pressure on your hand with a pot-sized turn bet? His hand looks like he wants you to fold, and if he had a monster (set, straight), I don't think he'd bet that much, since he'd easily be able to get all the monies in by the river.

Your hand doesn't look like spades to villain. When you raise pre and bet/call on the flop, your hand looks like KQ, AQ, KK, AA, probably with only a few combos of suited hands.

Call? You're ahead of his draws (since you have top pair), and have flush outs to his straights and sets.
  • UntreatableFPS Posts: 1,004Subscriber
    Old man coffee
    So he's not semi-bluffing or overplaying a worse Q
    And he's afraid of the flush draw sucking out on him, so he's betting big on the turn
  • reedmylipsreedmylips Posts: 1,146Subscriber
    Claire said

Old man coffee
    So he's not semi-bluffing or overplaying a worse Q
    And he's afraid of the flush draw sucking out on him, so he's betting big on the turn
    OK, OMC...that changes things a bit. Perhaps this a fold then, because you are not very deep, you may not get paid off if your flush comes in, and you are likely significantly behind his made-hand range, and OMC would rarely if ever semi-bluff in this spot.
  • chilidog Posts: 2,427Subscriber
    i play it the same including the fold on the turn. he has you beat and you have 8 or 9 outs to beat him. against some players this is a snap ship, vs OMC's this seems like an easy fold ott.