Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Flop nut-full house in huge 3-bet, multiway pot, help on bet-sizing please

PiotrDembowy Posts: 6Member
edited November -1 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
This is an insanely crazy 2/5 game, everyone is a huge fish, no one folds Preflop with any half decent hand.

Hero: $800

Preflop: couple limps, fish raises to $40, Hero raises to $120 with QQ, 5 callers.

Flop: ($600) Q55r

I would like some help on how to proceed, for the most part everyone has me covered.

How much do we bet? Or should we check and let someone catch a smaller boat with 66-JJ?

Results: Everyone checks, Hero bets $200. Thoughts?

Comments

• ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,090Subscriber
    PiotrDembowy said

This is an insanely crazy 2/5 game, everyone is a huge fish, no one folds Preflop with any half decent hand.

Hero: $800

Preflop: couple limps, fish raises to $40, Hero raises to $120 with QQ, 5 callers.

Flop: ($600) Q55r

I would like some help on how to proceed, for the most part everyone has me covered.

How much do we bet? Or should we check and let someone catch a smaller boat with 66-JJ?

Results: Everyone checks, Hero bets $200. Thoughts?
    The pot is already pretty big.. Since you only lose to 55 you just might want to give a free card. This is very different then say having pocket 5s and the flop comes QQ5.. then I would bet for sure...You will get called by a Q and here you want to protect against someone getting a bigger boat against you.

Since there are only two overcards and AA and KK are unlikely given no one reraised you AND you have just a little over a pot size bet in your stack, I dont dislike a check to see if anyone catches an underfull.

But given you bet I really like your sizing.. Its big enough that someone might reraise you all in and its small enough that they might call with an unlikely Q or TT-66...You will definitely get shoved on with anyone with a 5 I think..

Wendy
  • If there ever is a time to slowplay this really might be it. Remember the purpose of slowplaying is to allow someone to catch a second best hand. Allowing a card to come on the turn not only might make someone an underfull but they may catch up with an A or K. If I were to bet I would probably bet even smaller with this SPR, something stupid like $75 or $100. That way there you may get value from some pocket pairs that might go away with some scare card hitting on the turn.

Bart
  • JamesSuh Posts: 320Subscriber
    Agree with above posts that this is a good spot to slowplay to try and let someone catch up to second best. You can't be worried about a K or A rolling off because the pot wasn't reraised preflop, I guess the only "worry" that you have is if the 5 comes off on the turn.
  • Check. Never folding no matter what comes.