Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Plo

1/1 300$ cap omaha mix dealers choice. Villan bb 200$, hero 2$ straddle utg, covers. Villan probably a better plo player than hero but marginally. He always plays plo as his game of choice and overplays hands as his edge is much smaller than he thinks imo. Several callers, Villan raises to 6$, hero three bets to 16$ with aakq(suited ace, not diamonds), all limps fold, Villan tanks for a bit. Picks up chips for a four bet, changes his mind and calls. Flop K6d7d. Villan checks, Hero c bets 25$, Villan C/R to 100$ with 80$ or so behind. Heros range should be pretty wide here, I've been iso raising Villan relentlessly. Nfd, 77,66, AA and wraps. Easy fold after Villan shows so much strength? I discount kk because of my blocker. Nfd, wrap or maybe 67.

Comments

• RizenRizen Posts: 58Subscriber
    this is a pretty trivial fold. You have 1pr with no draws.There aren't many good turns for you either. If you were deeper you could float since you have position. As played, villain is never folding here after the c/r to 80 so just fold. You're either behind( set, 2pr) or theres a big draw to beat you
  • High__Rolla Posts: 775Subscriber
    Since he considered a 4bet preflop, lets assume his range is top 20% of hands, but not AA. At these stack sizes, he would usually 4b AAxx. If he c/r with a wide range of any set, two pair, NFD, or wrap, then you are a small favorite with a money overlay:

20%!AA:KK, 20%!AA!KK:67, 20%!AA!KK:K7, 20%!AA!KK:K6,20%!AA!KK:77,20%!AA!KK:66, 20%!AA!KK:A:dd, 20%!AA!89T, 20%!AA:8954, 20%!AA!854 45.45%
    AAhKhQs 54.55%

You are getting 237:155 on a call, so you need 39.5% equity versus his range to GII. If he only makes this c/r with two pair or better, you only have 21% equity.

So, it comes down to whether he is wider than a made hand here. In particular, whether he can c/r with a wrap or pair+SD, because just adding in NFDs to his made hands is not enough.
  • eyehaityou Posts: 292Member
    The only hand Villan plays this way I'm beating in AdKdxx I think. 67 seems the only likely two pair. Couldn't think of anything else Villan C/R with because my range is pretty wide. Just wanted to see what the plo guys thought. Villan showed a set of kings
  • High__Rolla Posts: 775Subscriber
    eyehaityou said:
    The only hand Villan plays this way I'm beating in AdKdxx I think. 67 seems the only likely two pair. Couldn't think of anything else Villan C/R with because my range is pretty wide. Just wanted to see what the plo guys thought. Villan showed a set of kings
    If his c/r range is that narrow, then it's an easy fold.