Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

First hand at the table: AA

TJ Posts: 239Subscriber
edited November -1 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
Just sit down at $2/$5, I don't recognize any of the players. Villain is 20's kid, obviously drunk.

UTG & UTG + 1 limp, folds to me in HJ, Hero ($500) makes it $35 with AdAs. Villain ($435) calls cold in BB, limpers fold.

Flop ($75) AcJcTd. Villain leads for $60. Hero makes it $160. Villain snap calls.

Turn ($395, stacks $240) [AcJcTd]4s. Villain open ships for $240.

Hero? ($240 to win $635, needing about 27%)

Comments

• staaaaalin Posts: 42Member
    Lol, I think we can find a call...

board: AdJdTd4s
    AA 42.85%
    *d*d, JJ, TT, AxKd, AxQd, AJ, AT, KQ, JT 57.15%
  • AKtion Posts: 15Member
    So he calls OTF and ships the turn OOP?I think your against QK a lot of times here and you got ~22% vs that.If you add some random 2p, sets and combo-flush draws you have the requirments to call since you need at least 5% more to be breakeven.The board was 2tone i think so the above range is kinda wrong based on that.
  • staaaaalin Posts: 42Member
    Oh I'm sorry, I misread completely.
    That puts us even way farther ahead.
    This seems like a pretty trivial call.
  • ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,090Subscriber
    With sprs down towards 1 but the turn I am not sure you can fold even if the turn didnt brick. I agree with Staalin an would add some clubs too.. like Kx clubs with a straight draw in them.. KQ, KJ KT etc...

Even in the worst case scenario that he has KQ you still have 8 outs to fill up giving us at worst 17% equity with one card to come.. You are getting about 2:1 so you only need to have a few random flush draws, two pairs, smaller sets to make up the difference..

call

ww
  • MatthewTagliaferri Posts: 18Member
    10 outs to fill up, right? 3 jacks, 3 tens, 3 fours, and an A for quads.
  • ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,090Subscriber
    MatthewTagliaferri said

10 outs to fill up, right? 3 jacks, 3 tens, 3 fours, and an A for quads.
    yep ur correct i miscounted. dah
  • BartBart Posts: 6,072AdministratorLeadPro
    In my experience if a guy is leading with the nuts he is either bet 3 betting or, when he rarely just calls your raise, hes going to go for a check shove on the turn not an open ship. I'd be very surprised to see KQ here.

Bart