Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

I bet , Villain shoves...

$5/$5 cash game, late in the night.

Villain ($560) is a Asian Reg on his late 20s, not good for sure, he plays some speculative hands on limp pots even oop.

Hero ($900) just got at this table 1 orbit before and won a medium pot without showdown.
No history between hero and V.

Action folded to Papa who mini raises on MP, next to him V calls 10$ on the HJ, I complete $5 more on the SB with J♥ 8♥ and BB folds.

Flop (~$30) K♥ 4♥ Q♠ 3 handed

I check, Papa checks, V bets $20, i X/C 20$.

Turn (~$70) T♠ HU

I check, V makes it $65 and I call again after taking my time because of V betting full pot, I pondered raising but need not doing it.

River (~$200) 9♠ HU.

Final board K♥ 4♥ Q♠ T♠ 9♠

I decided to bet $105 with my King high straight trying to get call by 2 pair or a set, but V shoves $470.
Pot now $775, $365 for me to call.

Hero??

Comments

• tensor0910 Posts: 123Subscriber
    PF- not a big fan but I dont hate it. Readless I'm folding. V-range seems to be leaning towards PPs 22-88, A6-AJ, KT, KJ, and mid SC's 56-9T.

Flop- Not sure why you're c/min raising the flop. Only the very bottom of V's range is folding to this bet. I like a c/c here. When V flats PF and then bets 2/3 pot after 2 checks this looks like possibly AJ, AT, 44, KQ, KJ, KT and A hi FDs. or maybe a combo draw w/ a Q and a FD.

Turn- V bets 2/3 pot flop and pots it OTT. When he does that methinks he's not scared of the T which means he feels his draw is still good or the T helped his range. Also he could have picked up equity w/ a spade FD, but thats not a huge part of his range. Since most of his range improved w/ this card, and if we do hit our A or 9 were probably not gonna get paid with a 4 card straight on the board, and there's the possibility we could be drawing to the worse flush, I'm folding here. But moving on....

River- If I do bet here I'm betting way smaller, like 55ish. I think a half pot bet is only gonna get called by better. I wouldnt even mind a c/c here. As played I think this is a fold. V could be trying to get you off of a chop but you show so much strength w/ your c/c, c/c, river lead, I dont know how he could not be afraid of AJ.
  • ZambrotAZambrotA Posts: 372Subscriber
    edited December 2015
    tensor0910 said:
    PF- not a big fan but I dont hate it. Readless I'm folding. V-range seems to be leaning towards PPs 22-88, A6-AJ, KT, KJ, and mid SC's 56-9T.

Flop- Not sure why you're c/min raising the flop. Only the very bottom of V's range is folding to this bet. I like a c/c here. When V flats PF and then bets 2/3 pot after 2 checks this looks like possibly AJ, AT, 44, KQ, KJ, KT and A hi FDs. or maybe a combo draw w/ a Q and a FD.

Turn- V bets 2/3 pot flop and pots it OTT. When he does that methinks he's not scared of the T which means he feels his draw is still good or the T helped his range. Also he could have picked up equity w/ a spade FD, but thats not a huge part of his range. Since most of his range improved w/ this card, and if we do hit our A or 9 were probably not gonna get paid with a 4 card straight on the board, and there's the possibility we could be drawing to the worse flush, I'm folding here. But moving on....

River- If I do bet here I'm betting way smaller, like 55ish. I think a half pot bet is only gonna get called by better. I wouldnt even mind a c/c here. As played I think this is a fold. V could be trying to get you off of a chop but you show so much strength w/ your c/c, c/c, river lead, I dont know how he could not be afraid of AJ.
    In case you meant that i X/mini raised the flop, it's not what i did. I X/C flop and turn.

About the call on the turn, i took time and i don't mind so much the fold bc of the quality of the straight as you said. (1 card straight).

On the river I don't hate my bet bc 1/2 pot is still small but i see what you mean and i like your "play".

I ended folding by the way, he called ti e on me and I dropped it on the last 5 sec.

Thank you @Tensor0910

• tensor0910 Posts: 123Subscriber
    My bad dude for some reason I read that as x/r.