Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Wrap with nfd on straight board

Oneup Posts: 30Subscriber
1/2/5 plo $500 game. Usual limp call pre. V is black lady probably in mid 40's. She is loose pre and pretty much straight forward post. She calls off pretty light time to time. She was on the heater and run her $100 buyin to $1k. Rest of table has less than 500. I have table covered. Mp raised to $15. I called with A K Q 8 in co, sb, bb and V call. 5 way to the flop.
Flop J T 7
Sb check, bb bet $60. V pots it to $260. I call?!? Sb ships $365, Bb ships $155, V plays with her chips and acted like she was gonna raise, one of player tells her that she can't raise so she just call. I call
Turn 6x. She ships her rest of stack. $620.
I asked her if she had 98 and she flips her cards over and show me A889ssxx.
What's my move here?
Also on the flop, is better to gii on the flop? I'm gussing some of my outs are gone given action on the flop but still good shape vs all the made hands.
Tagged:

Comments

• baudib1 Posts: 218Subscriber
    You can't fold this. Even with villain showing you the nuts and 2 of your outs, you're in fine shape against her (45% with 1 card to come). It's hard to concoct a scenario where you shouldn't still call regardless of what the others have, if one has JJxx (where board pairing a heart loses you the main pot) and the other person has KQJ9 with 3 hearts, you still have the right price.
  • BartBart Posts: 5,921AdministratorLeadPro
    edited December 2015
    You have to call now. Your getting 3-1. Only time as played you fold hands like these on the turn is if the board pairs.

I like the way you flatted--flop you are drawing at nuts for straight and flush draws no sense in driving anyone else out behind. Once V1 repots BB lead she's never folding so you don't want the others to fold behind her, especially with inferior draws.
  • High__Rolla Posts: 775Subscriber
    You actually flopped better than the nuts here. When V pots the flop, she almost always has 89xx here. You have 64% equity versus a top 40% starting hand with 89, and 61% if it also has hearts. I would repot on the flop since the two of you are the deep stacks and you welcome her putting more money in as an underdog.

The blinds are shorter stacks and will probably call regardless if they have something decent. (If the blinds were deeper, I think there is more merit to flatting so they are not driven out.) Since the main pot would likely be protected by one or more all-ins, you won't really be able to bluff paired boards on the turn; you'd have to hit your hand. Also, there is risk that she folds on heart turns. So, I think it's better to GII on the flop.

As played, you have an easy call OTT.
  • Oneup Posts: 30Subscriber
    edited December 2015
    I wasn't going to fold on any non pair turn for sure. Since I have boat load of equity otf, does repot gii might fold out pair + fd, fd + oesd type of hand like Bart mentioned? Even turn brick, I figured I still have odds to call off ott. At least that's what was thinking during this hand. I wanted see how would other people would play this hand.

I had similar situation before and I gii otf last few times I played and obv person flopped did not fold.

If V is always folding if hearts on the turn, would it better to gii otf? Also any hands that has no FE, would it be better off just flat and make my hands?

edited December 2015
    Oneup said:
    I wasn't going to fold on any non pair turn for sure. Since I have boat load of equity otf, does repot gii might fold out pair + fd, fd + oesd type of hand like Bart mentioned?
    If this game is loose like most live lower limit PLO, people aren't folding a FD+OESD for $155 or probably not $365. Besides I would focus on the lady with the deeper stack marked with 98xx. She has twice as much left as either of the blinds.

If the blinds were deeper, then this hand plays differently IMO.
    Oneup said:
    If V is always folding if hearts on the turn, would it better to gii otf? Also any hands that has no FE, would it be better off just flat and make my hands?
    Yes, better to GII OTF in that case.

You don't care about fold equity; you are a 60-65% favorite over the nuts OTF. You are happy if she puts in her stack OTF.
    Looking at it again I think repotting flop is pretty good. Given action folding the naked nuts is probably correct though very few do.
    HR: I agreed that I have ton of equity vs nuts here on the flop and actually ahead if she has naked straight which this case was. I'm happy to gii on the flop however, since this was multiway and two players to act behind so that made me think what would be most optimal way to play it.

B1: I don't see any of players that I play with would fold to 3b repot with effective nuts otf even though it is right play sometime. she isn't that one that folds here even I flip over jj89hhxx, she'd probably call off.
    Spoiler:
    Results: I called off turn bet. River Jx and I lost

SB: J977 97hh
    BB: K654 hhhx
    V: A988 ssxx
    Hero: AKQ8 hhxx

Appreciate all your comments and advise. This side of forum doesn't get much traffic.
    Sounds like a good game.
  • BradleyT Posts: 621SubscriberProfessional
    Sounds just like my game in Milwaukee, including the black lady that goes on the occasional heater and runs her $100 up to anywhere from $1000 - $3000.
    Haha. I guess there is always player that buyin for min and get on the heater lol. I play @ horseshoe Cincinnati. 1/2 plo lineup is usually soft as you can see from hands that they play in this hh.