Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Crush Live Poker Video No.229: Suited hands and bluffs from Out of position

BartBart Posts: 5,821AdministratorLeadPro
This week Bart talks about suited cards from out of position especially the problems that you can get into when trying to bluff from out of position.

Episode posts at 5PM PT.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/videos/suited-hands-and-bluffs-from-out-of-position
Tagged:

Comments

• IamGroot Posts: 12Subscriber
    Another great video. I really like the topic, and I feel that playing these pretty hands (suited conn, etc) OOP is a leak I have a hard time correcting. I also like the topic of three bet pots and c betting. Does a 3 bet pot heads up matrix exist? lol. I need one.

I do have a question regarding the Abernathy & Canulli hand. You mentioned that you would not make the call. Can you help me with analysis with why you would fold please? My first thought is that if I'm Abernathy that the call is good. The thinking being that Canulli is trying to muscle me off a pocket pair or 8. I actually think that If I'm Bart Hanson that the call is even better (since Canulli knows that Bart knows his bet looks like value (QQ, JJ)).

Is Canulli checking back kings or flush draws OTF? Is Abernathy checking Kings or flush draws on the turn? When we get to the river if Abernathy has kings and flushes (and boats) in her range, isn't her range stronger? If I'm Abernathy, Canulli has 99-QQ and air when he bets the turn. But when I call, what do I have? When the flush comes he is very polarized to value with 99-QQ and air. I just see him betting his air a lot more here than his (TT-QQ, omitting 99 now since its a boat and he would obviously bet that).

Thanks for all the great info always. Apologies if my thoughts are all of over the map.

• Philipp Posts: 55Subscriber
    the 86o hand is sucha brain dead random hand! LMAO!!
  • dpbuckdpbuck Posts: 1,989SubscriberProfessional
    IamGroot said:
    Another great video. I really like the topic, and I feel that playing these pretty hands (suited conn, etc) OOP is a leak I have a hard time correcting. I also like the topic of three bet pots and c betting. Does a 3 bet pot heads up matrix exist? lol. I need one.

I do have a question regarding the Abernathy & Canulli hand. You mentioned that you would not make the call. Can you help me with analysis with why you would fold please? My first thought is that if I'm Abernathy that the call is good. The thinking being that Canulli is trying to muscle me off a pocket pair or 8. I actually think that If I'm Bart Hanson that the call is even better (since Canulli knows that Bart knows his bet looks like value (QQ, JJ)).

Is Canulli checking back kings or flush draws OTF? Is Abernathy checking Kings or flush draws on the turn? When we get to the river if Abernathy has kings and flushes (and boats) in her range, isn't her range stronger? If I'm Abernathy, Canulli has 99-QQ and air when he bets the turn. But when I call, what do I have? When the flush comes he is very polarized to value with 99-QQ and air. I just see him betting his air a lot more here than his (TT-QQ, omitting 99 now since its a boat and he would obviously bet that).

Thanks for all the great info always. Apologies if my thoughts are all of over the map.

With that line, Abernathy's hand looks a lot like what it is: small or mid pair, or an 8. Cannuli's hand looks like QQ/JJ. Abernathy can't expect Cannuli to fold to a bet because of her passive line on the turn, so she needs to check the river.

I do like Cannuli turning his hand to a bluff on the river. Even though neither player has a flush or a king, and both players know that, Abernathy knows Cannuli can value bet QQ/JJ there. What can Cannuli get to the river that bluffs? Really only 5x, and he's not 3-betting preflop all that often with 5x. I like Cannuli's line, and even though Abernathy was correct in this spot, I'm not sure that was a profitable call in the long run.