Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

LATB slowplaying vs regular play

YoungDuke Posts: 17Subscriber
edited February 2016 in Broadcasted Poker
For those of you who have watched a decent amount or played on LATB, my question is how similar would you say the play is compared to your regular 2/5 or 5/10 game? I know this is very dependent on the cast but I'm specifically referring to slow playing and playing cagey. I recently started watching LATB a ton and was blown away at how no one seems to want to bet their hand for value. Everybody but like the pros are going for the trap to the point where it's almost frusturating to watch. So is this very common in your opinion in your games too or do you think it could be more of a LATB dynamic being on camera and all?

Comments

• FreeLunch Posts: 1,309Pro
    Pretty common in Florida now.
  • dpbuckdpbuck Posts: 2,047Subscriber
    I played on LATB the first week of December, and came away with the exact opposite view as you. I thought the play was very straightforward and unimaginative. I don't watch a ton of LATB, so I'm not sure if my session was an anomaly or not, but the game played a bit more passively than the games I'm used to, but with very little misdirection.
  • BradleyT Posts: 621SubscriberProfessional
    Also depends on if you're watching Tuesday or Thursday. Tuesday big games usually have way more action than Thursday small games.
  • JamesSuh Posts: 320Subscriber
    dpbuck said:
    I played on LATB the first week of December, and came away with the exact opposite view as you. I thought the play was very straightforward and unimaginative. I don't watch a ton of LATB, so I'm not sure if my session was an anomaly or not, but the game played a bit more passively than the games I'm used to, but with very little misdirection.
    Which episode was it? I've just subbed to LATB, would love to watch, cheers! :)
  • dpbuckdpbuck Posts: 2,047Subscriber
    Thursday December 3 - $5/$5 game. I was in seat 9. I basically folded every hand for two hours, except for one KK that I got in against a naked flush draw. Did not end well for me... :oops: