Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

What the heck is this? 2010 Poker

SnOwHIO Posts: 114Subscriber
edited February 2016 in Broadcasted Poker
Williams v. Laak

The hand that begins at 20:45

Comments

• dontfeedthenits Posts: 396Subscriber
    Limp pre was pretty weird but otherwise it's not as bad as it looks...

Williams playing trappy against Laak isn't so crazy Laak actually can be quite aggressive and spewy (he will definitely sometimes hang himself when given rope).

I think the problem was Laak had too much showdown value. If he was weaker he might actually have spewed chips Williams way. :)
  • SnOwHIO Posts: 114Subscriber
    The limping on both Williams' & Laak's part was pretty terrible given Perkins being in the hand who is playing terrible and doesn't fold and bluffs like crazy. I was shocked to see Williams limp, then Laak over limp was even more absurd cause he should know he has 2 customers at this point. I don't think Williams is limping in early position with a hand he plans to limp fold (unless something crazy happens).

And you say Laak had to much showdown value. This might be true on the river, but I was amazed Laak checked the turn. Maybe he really did feel something fishy going on. Regardless, after check/check on the turn, I don't think any flushes are in Williams' range anymore. He would have probably double barreled the Q turn with a FD and after checking through, it seems so much like Laak is in showdown mode, so he would lead out OTR with a flush.

I was just perplexed watching it. I know Williams play was kind of screwed up by the cards that came out, but still, I think both of their limps pre-flop were terrible and made this hand super interesting.
  • dontfeedthenits Posts: 396Subscriber
    SnOwHIO said:
    The limping on both Williams' & Laak's part was pretty terrible given Perkins being in the hand who is playing terrible and doesn't fold and bluffs like crazy. I was shocked to see Williams limp, then Laak over limp was even more absurd cause he should know he has 2 customers at this point. I don't think Williams is limping in early position with a hand he plans to limp fold (unless something crazy happens).

And you say Laak had to much showdown value. This might be true on the river, but I was amazed Laak checked the turn. Maybe he really did feel something fishy going on. Regardless, after check/check on the turn, I don't think any flushes are in Williams' range anymore. He would have probably double barreled the Q turn with a FD and after checking through, it seems so much like Laak is in showdown mode, so he would lead out OTR with a flush.

I was just perplexed watching it. I know Williams play was kind of screwed up by the cards that came out, but still, I think both of their limps pre-flop were terrible and made this hand super interesting.
    Yeah the limps pre don't make any sense to me either :)