Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Crush Live Poker Video No.233: Alec Torelli High Stakes Hand Review Part 3

Craig Posts: 742Administrator
Check out my latest high Stakes Poker Hand Review from Poker Night in America Turning Stone. Continuing on from the latest episode I break down all the biggest hands I played during the 2 day match.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/videos/alec-torelli-high-stakes-hand-review-part-3

Episode posts at 2PM ET.
Tagged:

Comments

• TeamNOsleepTeamNOsleep Posts: 153Subscriber
    edited February 2016
    I like slow Playing top set against high stakes regs but against any line up I'm playing against I thinks it's best to fast play. Who bluffs anymore
  • stayinschool Posts: 2,969Subscriber
    I generally followed the idea that when you call, especially call a raise OOP, its hard to rep bluffs but liked how you talked about still being able to keep bluffs in your range by flatting. Do you think your flop play changes if there is a FD OTT. Does that make your more likely to 3bet as combo draws are now present in everyones ranges.
  • Stonewalled Posts: 480Subscriber
    Alec, I was a little confused by some comments right at the end of the first hand (3 bet pot vs Bart). I was following you when you said you think you get called a decent amount by stubborn Aces on the river. But then at the very end you said you would bluff even if you didn't hit 2-pair. Would you mind clarifying?
  • Polarized Posts: 196Subscriber
    Alec, I cannot find the bonus video on you tube that you talked about and there was no link posted on the CLP site.
  • BartBart Posts: 6,048AdministratorLeadPro
    He guys,

I have email ALec and asked him to come in here and address some of your comments.

Bart
  • AlecTorelli Posts: 13Member
    edited March 2016
    stayinschool said:
    I generally followed the idea that when you call, especially call a raise OOP, its hard to rep bluffs but liked how you talked about still being able to keep bluffs in your range by flatting. Do you think your flop play changes if there is a FD OTT. Does that make your more likely to 3bet as combo draws are now present in everyones ranges.
    Great question here. Yes, if there were a FD I'd be much more likely to 3 bet the flop, because so many more turn cards kill my action, and because I have more combo draws in my range. Lastly, my opponent will have enough equity with his combo draws to call off when I shove, so there's really not much reason to slow play.
    Stonewalled said:
    Alec, I was a little confused by some comments right at the end of the first hand (3 bet pot vs Bart). I was following you when you said you think you get called a decent amount by stubborn Aces on the river. But then at the very end you said you would bluff even if you didn't hit 2-pair. Would you mind clarifying?
    Hey StoneWalled,

Fair question. It's a situation where stubborn aces are put in a very tough spot. My decision on the river would be to bluff most of the time simply because I don't have a ton of bluffs in my range and I'm value betting all flushes, 2p+ hands, and probably AK. Perhaps the reason I sound a bit wishy-washy is because a lot of my decision would be based on how I felt in that moment - how my opponent called the turn, my reads, etc.

It's hard to know exactly what my opponent would do with Ax - on one hand they only beat a bluff, on the other Ax is one of the best hands that my opponent could have given how the hand was played (2 pairs are very unlikely given the action, and there are only 1-2 flush combos he can have). In a way he has to call to protect his range, on the other, he's going to get shown a better hand very often because I can realistically value bet AK. This is why I'm saying that from a game theory standpoint I'd bet regardless because it puts them in a very tough spot.

One last thing - I wouldn't bluff the turn and river 100% here - that makes me too polarized. I'm only betting the turn with decent equity, and that means at least one pair or a flush/straight draw. That reduces my combos of bluffs and gives me decent equity when called on the turn to improve to the best hand.

Hope that helps!
    Alec
    Polarized said:
    Alec, I cannot find the bonus video on you tube that you talked about and there was no link posted on the CLP site.
    You must have done a polarized search, no doubt. Just messin' man. Here's the link:
  • Stonewalled Posts: 480Subscriber
    Alec, yes, that explanation was very helpful. Thanks for taking the time, much appreciated!
  • LagityTagity Posts: 14SubscriberProfessional
    on hand #2 where you have A7 and Bart has QJ:

you said you would check the river instead of lead if you had a small pair like a 4. But that your bet with A high was a bluff. The only difference is that with a small pair you beat A high hands (A8-AJ) that Bart might check back on the river. Are you trying to get Bart to fold A8-AJ with your river bluff?