Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Two pair OTR, villain is all in

TJ Posts: 239Subscriber
edited November -1 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
2/5, 900 effective.

Villain is a recreational player, pretty loose, calls a lot, passive, with streaks of FPS.

Villain limps UTG, 4 other limpers. SB completes, Hero checks in BB with the powerhouse 94cc.

Flop(35)Qc9s4s.

Hero bets 25, villain calls, 2 limpers call.

Turn(135)Qc9s4s6c

Hero bets 105, villain calls, 1 limper calls. (!)

River(450)Qc9s4s6c2h

I think this is a great spot to get looked up light, since JT and both flush draws missed, so I bomb for 390. Villain ships for 765 total. It's 1655, 375 for me to call.

Getting 4.5:1, is this an auto call? I couldn't figure out a hand he plays this way that I beat, with the (unlikely) exception of a slow played "monster" like KK/AA. I thinkhe raises those hands on the flop, and if not, the turn, to protect against all the draws. I guess I beat 62ss, but that's only one combo.

Thoughts?

Comments

• ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,090Subscriber
    You bomb the river and villain goes all in. His value hands are 35ss and thats pretty much it so he is polarized but I cant see him have anything worse than you and if you have never seen this guy bluff a huge pot on the river you just have to fold.

Remember you bet really big on the river.. I have seen other players just call with sets in this spot so I just dont think he has a worse 2 pair..

ww..
  • Fold. Hand is played fine otherwise, IMO.
  • TDF Posts: 1,130Subscriber
    Looks like a fold but I don't think I can make it.
  • BartBart Posts: 6,078AdministratorLeadPro
    Even though raises on the river are almost never bluffs, since his value hand can really only be 5s 3s and I've seen people spaz out sometimes as bluffs I think I find a call here if you used normal sizing -- but you bet so much it is really tough for him to be bluffing. And I know I've said in the past that combos don't really matter in spots like this because people don't bluff enough. But here its very very strange.

And if you are folding 94 you probably should be folding Q9 and pocket 4s as well. In fact, if you think he only has 5s 3s then you should fold out every hand in theory.

Bart