Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

10/20: What do I do with bottom two here?

Stonewalled Posts: 480Subscriber
10/20 7-handed. Villains are both tight/passive preflop and are older rec regs. The original bettor however will make big bets and even bluffs from time to time and will sometimes be a bit of a station. The UTG player is scared money when pot gets big. Hero's image is a little splashy and up and down.

Hero UTG1 with T♦9♦. $3,500 effective stacks.

Preflop: UTG limps, Hero limps, fold, MP2 raises to $60, folds, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop ($250): AT9 rb with one diamond
Checks, MP2 bets $250, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero ???
Tagged:

Comments

• stayinschool Posts: 2,969Subscriber
    I say make it like 700 and then go bet bet on most run outs. Probably just trying to get money from a big A.
  • stayinschool Posts: 2,969Subscriber
    Or just lead flop, which i kinda like better
  • Stonewalled Posts: 480Subscriber
    edited March 2016
    Anyone like call flop, lead turn?
  • iamallin Posts: 1,173SubscriberProfessional
    If you raise this flop, it's really hard to get value from worse. Unless you think they are complete donks who pay off too easily.

I like call flop..lead turn on most run outs. You risk getting out drawn this way. You don't like any Broadway card on turn. But I think against good players this is probably the best way to get value.
  • iamallin Posts: 1,173SubscriberProfessional
    Leading this flop screams strength. There is no flush draw. Your range will be too value hwavy if you lead this flop imo
  • Letmewin1 Posts: 1,238Member
    edited March 2016
    I think leading would be best, their combined range includes Ax and draws, let's get some value.
    calling and donking turn could be sexy but i think too many turns are bad for us.
    AP
    Raise, $800
  • Stonewalled Posts: 480Subscriber
    edited March 2016
    Spoiler:
    I decided to call the flop. Turn was a blank, and I led for $500 and all folded.

I agree with iamallin that a flop c/r makes it hard to get value from worse, but I do wonder whether a flop lead might have some merit. It could indicate strength but I think Ax will still call. Also, this may be too backwards, but what about a weafish lead to maybe 35-40% of the pot to induce calls or maybe even a raise?
  • DavidChan Posts: 1,208Pro
    I usually prefer checking flop in this spot as long as the PFR has a tendency to cbet bluff at some frequency.

You should probably put in a small CR for value. As long as your CR isn't too big, I think you can get called by worse.