Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Has anyone done the Beyond Tells course?

SamyDubz Posts: 28Subscriber
Has anyone done the Beyond Tells course? Looking for a review. Or should i save my money for coaching? Thanks :)

Comments

• DavidChan Posts: 1,208Pro
    I know a couple people who have used the Beyond Tells content, and they are happy with it. It is has a high price tag though.

FWIW, I am somewhat biased in favor of live poker tells content because I use a lot of live poker tells in my own poker game and because I spend a lot of time in private coaching sessions discussing live poker tells with my students.
  • rdh010rdh010 Posts: 35Subscriber
    What is the price tag like?

Do we have anything in the CLP archives regarding live tells? Perhaps a CLP video before WSOP on tournament and/or cash game live tells??
  • DavidChan Posts: 1,208Pro
    edited March 2016
    I don't think that there have been any specific episodes dedicated to live tells yet. I am plan on covering basic/advanced and preflop/postflop live tells in future episodes of the Top Section Podcast.
  • ChicagoSpikeChicagoSpike Posts: 37Subscriber
    I got in when the Beyond Tells website was in Beta Testing. Cost was $200. Now it's considerably more. If you like the real technical reasoning behind poker tells, maybe it's for you. It has a lot of that; videos, tests, and walkthroughs. I maybe finished a quarter of the videos and got bored. :P

If you really love this subject matter, then check out Blake's free videos. I think the course is $600-$700 now. Not sure.
  • The_Dark_Hammah Posts: 37Subscriber
    I got in before the huge price tag as well.
    For me, it has been totally worth it.

Yeah, at some times it can get boring, but he has an excellent method of teaching/understanding.
  • BradleyT Posts: 621SubscriberProfessional
    I bought the $99 lifetime membership for http://www.readingpokertells.video/ which sounds somewhat similar but maybe not quite as in depth.

It looks like the price has now gone up to $124 for lifetime access. I bought it 2 months ago and he's added 3 videos since. It's easily paid for itself already.

If you do the email signup on his page he'll send you an email with a discount code.
  • FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 2,546Subscriber
    I read books on psychology and understanding human behavior to increase my observation knowledge. Getting a foundation on why people act the way they do and how the brain works in different scenarios improved my reads.