Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Crush Live Poker Video No.240: Poker Night in America -- Thunder Valley Part 4

Craig Posts: 721Administrator
This Bart continues on with his review of important hands that he played from the Poker Night in America, Thunder Valley stop. Hands from this episode cover the end of day 2.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/videos/poker-night-in-america-thunder-valley-part-4
Tagged:

Comments

• rahulcap Posts: 3Subscriber
    edited August 2016
    In the hand with 7c3c vs. Glanz, the combo math you did was interesting. But if we consider how long he took to push all-in (which seemed legit, not hollywood), do we remove the sets and maybe 2 pair combos? Leaving him with draws, the strongest being maybe flush/str8 combo draws and Ah6h, and possibly 2 pair if he was worried you had a set. Are overpairs in his range at all? Either way, I think eliminating the sets might make it a call.
  • BartBart Posts: 5,972AdministratorLeadPro
    rahulcap said:
    In the hand with 7c3c vs. Glanz, the combo math you did was interesting. But if we consider how long he took to push all-in (which seemed legit, not hollywood), do we remove the sets and maybe 2 pair combos? Leaving him with draws, the strongest being maybe flush/str8 combo draws and Ah6h, and possibly 2 pair if he was worried you had a set. Are overpairs in his range at all? Either way, I think eliminating the sets might make it a call.
    Well you can see how long I took with the decision but I don't think that we can dismiss sets and two pair just because he took a long time to shove.
  • rahulcap Posts: 3Subscriber
    edited August 2016
    Bart said:
    Well you can see how long I took with the decision but I don't think that we can dismiss sets and two pair just because he took a long time to shove.
    Ok, yeah, I think I was skewed by knowing what he had which made his decision look more strained than it was "IRL". I also realized it's very possible he was thinking whether to just raise or push with his set.

Another question on the hand, from his perspective, you say "it's an obvious shove". Given the lack of fold equity, would it ever be right for him to call, hoping to get chamath to call and get more money for his draw? A smooth call may look stronger with an opportunity for ether a free card or a bluff shove on the turn, if you check. The negative being that you might fold when the heart comes or push him off the draw if it misses.

I ask because I have been in a similar situation before and often elect to call (thinking I want more action and can leverage being in position), but then I get in a funky situation on the turn so am curious on your thoughts.