Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Do we continue with our story?

Letmewin1 Posts: 1,238Member
edited April 2016 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
$900 eff. I cover
V is a semi/reg MAWG non for profit player, he's a CTS most times, level 0 thinker I would say, $30+ opens are 99+, $15 are SC S1G type hands, he could open with Axs in later positions, capable folder with anything that's not near nuts and would most times take c/r line with nutted hands.

My image should be clean in his eyes as he's just sat down, don't have many hands vs him but the few that I won whem he called I had it.

V opens to $15 in mid, H 3! To $50 with J9dd in CO
Folds around V calls
Pot$100
Flop
AJ4hhh
V donks $60, I $165, V tank calls
Pot
$430
Turn Qh
V checks, I $200, V tanks for close to a min and calls.
$830
River 4x
V checks, I tank/shove.

Thoughts and/or constructive criticism on line are more than welcome.
Tagged:

Comments

• stayinschool Posts: 2,969Subscriber
    Well it seems like he flopped a flush. I think just folding flop is fine. People feel obligated to call one street with any pair in a 3bet pot but think folding flop is fine.

AP i'd I would have to know the guy better. I think he has a small flush a lot so I think the bluff makes sense as we can easily have the nuts but just have to make sure he can fold.
  • PokerDuder Posts: 58Subscriber
    edited April 2016
    The only way he flopped the nut flush is if he calls a 3-bet with K 9 or K 8 or some other K-Trash hand.

I think that when Villain calls your bet with a four-flush on the turn, you need to just give up. Unfortunately, the Q hurts your range.

Edit: It has to be a lower flush. That's the only logical reason for the long tanking. Did you pick up any reads during this time?
  • Karpow Posts: 47Subscriber
    It seems high variance to triple barrel in this spot. You could have the K with this story and a 10 seems very unlikely, everything else with a doesn't get to he river with this action. What are you 3 betting, raising his donk lead, then barreling all streets that has a ? A× K
    His turn check call makes me think he doesn't have the nuts here. The pot is bloated and he'd want to protect - which is stupid, but it's how lots of guys think.
  • Letmewin1 Posts: 1,238Member
    ^^
    I would expect a larger sizing pre with K10s+ and hands like AxKh, and would also expect a raise somewhere b4 the river with Kh unless is exactly K10hh, so based on how the hand played I think he has more lower flushes than Kxh and I wouldn't expect him to call for his stack OTR.
    @sxz18
    Chime in.
  • FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 2,434Subscriber
    Interestingly your hand makes no sense here. It isn't AxKh. It isn't AA, it's basically Kxhh.

the only play you have is to bet the river. And by how he played it he might have 2 pair or a set here. Can he lay it down is the question.
    edited April 2016
    It make no no sense, because "I wouldn't raise flop" with AxKh or hands like KJhh or K10h-> that are all in my range??
    I agree that I might not bet turn with sets some of the time, but I would with all nut flushes
  • sxz18 Posts: 345Member
    edited April 2016
    @letmewin1 Thanks for chatting me in! Interesting spot indeed.

A level 0 thinking player is only concerned with what he has and what he can beat. Since he took some time to call the turn, I think it's safe to assume he does not have the Kh in his hand unless he specifically has KThh. However, I would guess that with a hand like KThh, villain would tank call turn and lead river out of fear of missing value with a royal.

If villain doesn't have the nuts then each progressive card makes his hand less valuable. I don't think we should put too much weight into whether the story makes sense or not because he is not thinking if the story makes sense. It looks like he's trying to get to showdown. He is likely tanking to decide if he should fold the turn or call one more time in hopes that hero will shut down. I think the best hand villain has here is T9hh and though he may end up being stubborn and calling with that hand, I don't see him calling with anything less.