Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

5/10: interesting turn spot with 2-pair on 3-flush board

Stonewalled Posts: 480Subscriber
edited April 2016 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
5/10 Commerce. Villain is a middle aged Asian reg who generally plays straightforward, but seems more active now and has been playing all day. I've taken a few pots from him recently with aggro play and he seems tired of it.

Stacks are $2,000 effective.

Hero has Q♥J♥ in BB

Preflop: folds to V in CO, who raises to $40, Hero in BB 3-bets to $120, V calls.

Flop ($240): A♣Q♣2♣
Hero bets $125, V calls.

Turn ($490): J♦
Hero bets $350, V raises to $850, Hero ???
Tagged:

Comments

• sxz18 Posts: 345Member
    Not sure I like the bet on the turn. While your hand is likely ahead and getting value is important, the board itself makes it difficult to value bet OOP. I'd much prefer c/c and balance by c/c hands like AK with Kc or something similar.

As played, I think folding is probably best. Understandably villain is getting tired of your aggressiveness, but a typical counter for that is calling down. To think villain is making a move here would mean that they are not only tired of your aggressiveness but they are deliberately attempting to make you fold what appears to be the top of your range. Not sure if you even bet AK without Kc on this turn and that is about the worst hand he can expect you to have here.
  • BartBart Posts: 5,887AdministratorLeadPro
    This is a sticky pot due to stack and pot size. I was there at the table, and I know the villain. I would fold in your spot but I am not sure how much history you had with him throughout the day. Rarely will I ever expect this raise to be a bluff and I can't imagine him folding all that often if you shove. I would even treat his turn raise as an all-in and go with my equity given the pot odds. Its not out of the realm of possibility that he has KT with a club here or called you 3 bet in position with a suited hand that flopped a flush. Bart
  • Oback2 Posts: 204Subscriber
    Why are we betting flop?
  • maphacks Posts: 2,001Subscriber
    edited April 2016
    AP I fold. I would just call pre or 3b to like 150-165 to increase the chance he folds AJ/KJo and maybe medium/small pockets/suited 1 gappers. I think making him fold and win 4.5bb has higher EV than getting calls from most ranges