Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Very Strange River Sizing Raise vs Competent Reg

bballwiz Posts: 55Subscriber
edited April 2016 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
Have only played a few times against Villain with nothing really standing out. I'd say he is on the tighter side of things but not 100% sure on that.

He just sat down and ran his stack up. Of note in that hand it was a straddled pot and he opted to check button with a flush draw instead of betting multi way. Ended up making flush on river and getting paid off.

$1300 effective $2/5

Folds to Villain who opens to $20 in cutoff. Hero as Q 10 in SB and raises to $65 hero calls.

Pot $135

Flop Q 8 3
Check Check

Turn
Hero Bets $75 Villain Calls

Pot $285

River K
Hero Bets $115
Villain Raises to $765 total.

Regardless of what Villain has this seems like an awful bet. What do we think he has here?
Tagged:

Comments

• stayinschool Posts: 2,969Subscriber
    Don't like the 3 bet with this hand at all.

flop and turn seem fine but i see no point in betting this river.

I wouldn't say this is awful. I think KQ, 55 can play this way reasonably.
  • bballwiz Posts: 55Subscriber
    How is that river raise size ever a good play without having kk? What do you expect to get called here by that you beat?
  • FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 2,388Subscriber
    Because either you have nothing and are not calling or you have a monster and are calling.

Like slowplaying 88 on the flop. There are no draws thus no reason for the reg EVER to raise the turn with a strong hand. You look week so I can totally understand why he did what he did.
  • squishmytomatosquishmytomato Posts: 351SubscriberProfessional
    this looks like kq or a set. I don't know what hands he could even turn into a bluff here besides the 4 combos of 67 suited.
  • fishcake Posts: 952Subscriber
    He's definitely on a slow played monster. Your river bet accomplishes nothing, btw. I don't think I would 3bet trash like QT here, either.