Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

flopped set get turn backraised on double flush board

ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,085Subscriber
edited April 2016 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
v1 aggro asian kid. has 4 bet 5 times and only limped twice. has about 1100 in his stack

v2 is mega fish. has about 1250 will slowplay nuts but overplay some other hands. loves seeing flops

another big spot in the game opens from ep to 30 three callers i am in sb and call w 4♥4♣. 5 to flop pot is $150

flop 4♠ 7♠8♦ i decided to go for check raise since original raiser is on my direct left and the other players are behind him. to my surprise it gets checked around

turn K♦ putting two fourflushes. well I dont think I want to risk getting it checked through again and original raiser is a calling station so if he hit the king I am sure to get value from him. I bet $90 he folds. v1 thinks for a few moments and then raises to $200. v2 doesnt think that long and calls. so back to me. and now what to do. I dont think v1 ever has a big hand here because he acted after the pre flop raiser and he checked so I think he has a good king or is on the backdoor flush draw and is semibluffing. v2 is super wide here. could have a king either flush draw two pair straight Over pair. I dont put as many sets in his range because he doesnt slowplay those. hes weird will overplay single pairs but will play non nut strong hands fast. he slowplays nutty hands

I decide to threebet to $515. v1 tanks but eventually folds. v2 snap ships. FML.

so I think he either has a hand like AK or the straight with a straight more likely

so now pot is just around $2100 $700 for me to call. do I just throw up and call? I am getting about 3:1 and my equity is right around 20% ish if he has the straight. throw in two pair or weirdly played king and who the fuck knows.

another sick spot on a very very wet board.

hero?
Tagged:

Comments

• Rocketman74Rocketman74 Posts: 451Subscriber
    I prefer leading on this flop because rec players aren't folding overpairs but they will often check with them on such a dangerous board. Take initiative and build a pot (plenty of hands will call you.)

I like the 3bet ott as V1 is aggro/bluffy and V2 would appear to have a draw (although after he snap ships I wouldn't be so sure lol.) It blows if he has an overset but he has enough 2P and combo draws to make this a crying call.
  • BartBart Posts: 5,887AdministratorLeadPro
    edited April 2016
    This isnt a crying call at all. You almost have the immediate price. I would reriase turn like you did. Thees no way this guy has a higher set than you, although it is possible that he flopped the joint with a flush draw and thinks hes invincible. But there are enough other hands that he could have to call.
  • Rocketman74Rocketman74 Posts: 451Subscriber
    Bart said:
    This isnt a crying call at all.
    I don't know about you but even when I'm getting close to the immediate odds, I always cry a little bit when I put my money in as a discernable dog (with at least some chance of being crushed.)
  • Fred Posts: 137Subscriber
    I'm with rocket man, bet the flop as too many scare cards can come, they will call and raise :-)
  • stayinschool Posts: 2,969Subscriber
    Bet flop, PFR shouldn't continue on this flop very often.

good turn 3 bet. Snap call and hold against his kings up or combo draw.
  • ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,085Subscriber
    edited April 2016
    I was also very deep with the pfr. If I lead then I am only charging folks a single bet for their draws and it looks very very strong. I dont mind the cr since with 5 folks in the pot there is someone who hit this board besides me.. like an overpair etc..

So I tanked for just a moment .. bemoaned my luck and called. River was the A so even if he was on the flush draw that hit too. and he flips over 56 off suit.. lol. I told you he was a big whale. he called a $30 raise.. then slowplayed it and I walked right into it.

I was so mad I just left.. this is the 3rd or 4th time in just the last month that yet again a rec player has slowplayed a big hand on a wet board.. (I wasnt mad at him..just how sick this bad run has been.. it was also 10 pm and these days I really want to get home and get to sleep by my "normal" time so I it doesnt fuck up the rest of my week)..

I even hesitated before I reraised the turn because I know that V2 is capable of slowplaying a big hand like a straight.. but he has too many draws and worse hands to let him get off cheap.. so he will play this way again because the regs are aggressive enough (me included) for him to continue to pay him off..

ww