Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Villains confusing over bet line on river

Fred Posts: 137Subscriber
edited April 2016 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
Heros image tight aggressive
Villain is an unknown my read on him is to be a good player, confident, chip shuffling etc at the table and seems comfortable, he's also been playing a few hands more than he should be.
£1-£2

Rec player limps hero otb AQ raises to £10 villain in sb calls rec player folds.

Flop £21 456 :r: villain Cks hero Cks

Turn Ace villain checks hero bets £15 villain calls

River £51 10 villain bets £80 hero?

The only hands he can have here is specifically A10 or pocket 10s the rest are all bluffs as he bets or check raises the turn with all straights and sets. Do we call as this is an unusual bet in my player pool.

Comments

• iamallin Posts: 1,173SubscriberProfessional
    Against a good player I will fold this. Against a bad player I will snap call this. Bad players will over play or make weird bluffs with all kinds of hands. A pair of aces for them is like gold. They don't know what to do with it so they just come out betting.

• beauregard Posts: 1,592Subscriber
    edited April 2016
    Typically when a player calls a raise pf, check/calls flop and turn and bets the river... it's very rare that a single pair is ever good. esp when V is oop.

as played - it looks like you've got AK. so it looks like he trying to get value for his hand.

my guess is he flopped a str8, 2 pair or set - and since the board was so benign - he decided to slow-play you.
  • dpbuckdpbuck Posts: 2,009Subscriber
    I'm a big believer in pacing/timing tells. How long did he take when he checked the turn? How about when he called? Did he snap-bet the river, or did he tank? I'm much more likely to call if he took a few seconds on his actions than if he either snap acted or tanked for a while.

In a vacuum, I'm folding. Your hand looks exactly like what it is, and he bet anyway.
    by 1Fred
  • Fred Posts: 137Subscriber
    He took a couple of seconds calling the turn then what seemed like snap betting the river..... Interesting.
  • dpbuckdpbuck Posts: 2,009Subscriber
    Fred said:
    He took a couple of seconds calling the turn then what seemed like snap betting the river..... Interesting.
    That pacing feels a lot like either TT or AT. Even more of a reason to fold.
  • BradleyT Posts: 621SubscriberProfessional
    Snap fold, who cares if he showed you the bluff.