Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

$1/$3 Wacky 4 way all in hand with NFD and complicated math...please help

Drew5harkDrew5hark Posts: 575Subscriber
edited April 2016 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
$1/$3 at Tunica late on a weekday night...

I've built up my $300 starting stack to roughly $1500 and have been very solid and shown down big hands (not that it matters because very few raises and cbets are getting through.

Villains in the hand

UTG $596 (main villain) - 60's rec player...has been calling with a decent amount of hands and limping a lot tonight. I have seen him make a few big folds with good hands to obvious strength as well as flat with strong hands such as AK and JJ...he stacked off early for $200 in a reraised pot w TT vs my AA when i clicked it preflop and checked from the bb on a 663 board and i snapped him off. He's playing wider of late but I've been owning him much of the night and he's starting to put more money in loosely of late.

MP Girl $99 --short stack...very passive not a real factor here...she could have anything from medium PP to broadways.

HJ - $225 Guy playing bingo and calling most raises no matter what...

CO $36 - Mississippi straddler...been losing a lot but has actually had a hand when he's shoved each time...I neglected to notice his stack size preflop

Action starts on the btn who folds....HERO is in the BB with A Q and raises to $26...BB folds...UTG calls...MP calls...HJ calls...CO goes all in for $36...HERO asks if he can reraise (even though he knows he can't) and calls $10...UTG ISN'T LISTENING AND SAYS "I'M ALL IN" .......WTF! he just shoved for 200 bb PF........Dealer says "you can't go all in and he is forced to call...other 2 call.......

HERO immediate puts UTG on JJ/QQ/KK...maybe AK?....

FLOP ($180) w/ CO all in.... 7 7 2 HERO checks?...UTG goes all in for $560...MP calls...HJ shoves for $175....before HERO can even begin to calculate the pot...HJ says.."sorry you aren't going to like it...73 is my favorite hand" unaware that the action is still on me to call $560....

Pot sizes

Main pot - $180 5 players
1st Side Pot - $189 3 players including girl AI and CO ai (girl likely has medium PP) - HERO to call $63
2nd Side Pot - $224 2 players includng UTG and HJ AI (says he has 73 and I believe him) - HERO to call $ 112
3rd Side Pot - $385 just UTG -- (I put his range above at JJ/QQ/KK and AK....I didn't think he would ever flat w/ AA by the way he played FWIW) - HERO to call $385

In short...I have the NFD in a massive pot with 4 players all in on a paired board vs trips and a big side pot vs a better hand......Comments appreciated....
Tagged:

Comments

• stayinschool Posts: 2,969Subscriber
    Yea i'm calling haha. It's late and i'm not going to try and come up with ranges and run them but I think we have to call.

*also busting 4 people is fun. You don't get to do that very often haha.

But actually with a lot of clean outs and like 1 or 2 overs for the 3rd side pot I think we probably have to call. Like i said i havn't done the math but feel like this is a call and i'm definitely calling in game.
  • Drew5harkDrew5hark Posts: 575Subscriber
    stayinschool said:
    Yea i'm calling haha. It's late and i'm not going to try and come up with ranges and run them but I think we have to call.

But actually with a lot of clean outs and like 1 or 2 overs for the 3rd side pot I think we probably have to call. Like i said i havn't done the math but feel like this is a call and i'm definitely calling in game.
    if you know he's gonna shove then it's a check/call right?...no FE

• stayinschool Posts: 2,969Subscriber
    Drew5hark said:
    stayinschool said:

if you know he's gonna shove then it's a check/call right?...no FE

probably. It lets other people call in between which gives you a better price.
  • Rocketman74Rocketman74 Posts: 451Subscriber
    my head hurts...

so you're a 3-to-1 dog in the main and the first two sides and a virtual coin flip against V1's range on the third

easy call
  • Drew5harkDrew5hark Posts: 575Subscriber
    I figured I'm only 16%-20% for the main as several of my outs fill up PP's ...I think it's still a call but my head hurt too at the time