Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

2-5 review ( river lost value? )

StarwarsJediMasterStarwarsJediMaster Posts: 741Subscriber
2-5 nl
limp pot , table loose passive . hero good tag image , Villian loose passive rec pre but not a whale pre.
500 effective
Hero in bb AdTc , 6ways
30) As 5c 6c
hero 30, Villian calls in co 30
90) 6d
Hero 50, Villian calls 50 ( imo mistake. i like $65 better)
190) 8c
hero checks with the extent to fold to a bet. ( mistake ? !!!! sizing on the river? )

range analysis for getting to the river : A2(8),A3(8),A4(8),A7(8),A9(8), =40combinations i beat and get value.
78(12) = folds imo to a river bet

74(4), (and lots of club draws that get their) = and not exactly sure how many to be presice, but seemed like a ton)
wasn't clear on the river as to getting value. thoughts ?
Tagged:

Comments

• Rocketman74Rocketman74 Posts: 451Subscriber
    I'd b/f ~$80. If I check, it's to fold as most villains are checking behind with anything with showdown value (like 87.)
  • StreetFighterStreetFighter Posts: 146Subscriber
    If you think they would pay off with any ace on the end, bet bigger on the turn and bet fold the river. If you're not sure they will call the big turn bet and then a decent sized river, try sizing your turn bet down and betting all rivers with a reduced size.

You really haven't been able to narrow their hand range at all during this hand. What do you think about this as a plan?

In these loose games you don't have to drive every thin edge home to do very very well. Try exploitably betting 3/4 or full pot flop then 1/2 pot then 1/3 pot. Fold to a raise at anytime and you get more value than a big turn bet and checking the river because you think betting 85 only gets called by better.

It feels like it's close between bet big flop and turn, then check fold river or 3 small streets.