Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

$3/5 FPS/Overbet Backdoor Flush

whathas2bankss Posts: 183Member
edited May 2016 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
Very young looking kid who plays a very nitty TAG approach, but can mix in a few big squeezes here and there from BU and what not. The following hand happened about 5 minutes later, after the table caught me doing my first big bluff; when I tried to push someone out with a $600 turn bet with 8-6 on a 4-8-4-Q board and the villain hero called with T/T.

MP limps. LP opens to $20. Hero looks down at 9 6 and calls
EFF is around $650 ish (whatever MP has)

Flop $60: 10 3 Q
Checks to me, where I bet $25
MP calls. LP folds.

Turn $110: 10 3 Q A
MP leads for $45
I call the $45

River $200: 10 3 Q A J
MP continues for $45
Hero raises to $350

Is this a bad line to take? Is my sizing too big, that I can only get called by better? I made this sizing because I was caught bluffing big earlier, and wanted to look like I was still steaming. Plus if he did make a straight, I don't think he can help himself fold, he might believe he is either chopping or I'm trying to rep the straight or flush. It's hard to imagine him having a flush given the river sizing. And his flush combos are literally like 2 specific hands of like 10-K,8 spades. Just some thoughts.

Or do we just go standard and raise it to like $215 and tried to get called. But I believe if he can call the river raise, he can call the $350 as well. Because his hand would be that strong (straights and what not)
Tagged:

Comments

• stayinschool Posts: 2,969Subscriber
    pre flop is a fold.

Rest is fine. Just going for max against a K seems like a reasonable plan.
  • whathas2bankss Posts: 183Member
    @stayinschool

against opponents who play fit or fold, you wouldn't play 6-3 suited here on the button? We are assuming MP will always flat behind us. So we're getting 2:1 in position in a multiway pot with a hand that could crush LP if they over values their TP or overpair.

• stayinschool Posts: 2,969Subscriber
    whathas2bankss said:
    @stayinschool

against opponents who play fit or fold, you wouldn't play 6-3 suited here on the button? We are assuming MP will always flat behind us. So we're getting 2:1 in position in a multiway pot with a hand that could crush LP if they over values their TP or overpair.

No. Especially at this stack depth. The hand is just too bad.

• shelvock22 Posts: 5SubscriberProfessional
    Bet bigger on the flop. You're never choosing that sizing with any value hand, so don't allow yourself to do it with your bluffs. will be easily exploited.

Turn is fine. River should probably be smaller. He doesn't have many kings in his range, and his only flush's are 10high flush's most likely (although i doubt he has any). Sizing should probably be with the goal of getting him to hero with 2pair or Axdd/hh that he floated flop with. $120 is probably solid.