Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

CLP Episode 88 "More Math and 100BBS II"

BartBart Posts: 5,833AdministratorLeadPro
edited December 2014 in Crush Live Poker Videos
Bart finishes his two part series on how math and calculating your pot odds can shape the decisions you make playing hands with restricted buy ins and stack sizes.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/videos/more-math-and-100bbs-ii

Comments

• PaulG68 Posts: 5Subscriber
    Hi Bart,

Can I just check your thoughts on this? So 2 questions w.r.t. paying odds.
    Assume I had a hand like AcAh and the flop came AsAd8d and there's myself and a villain in the hand with me in position.
    So, basically I've got the stone cold nuts. Also assume I've watched the villain and he always calls for the draw if the odds are correct.

Now assume I suspect he is on a flush draw with 9 outs and I think he'll try to hit the draw if I bet out.
    If he has 9 outs, 47:9 = 5.2 or say ~ 4:1 required for him to hit his draw.

1. Is it a reasonable play for me to bet 1/3 the pot so he gets the odds to call on the turn?
    2. if the turn missed his draw, on the river is this the same situation for me to bet 1/3 of the pot again - i.e. 46:9 = 5.1 ~ 4:1 to do the same thing?
    i.e. I'm offering the same odds on both streets.

I'm not asking if this is the best play, moreover I'm asking if that's the necessary odds I need to lay this guy where he'll call for both streets where I want him to draw each time.

Thanks in advance,
    Paul
  • BartBart Posts: 5,833AdministratorLeadPro
    Math wise yes. Remember I wouldn't always call though with a bare flush draw getting 4-1 on a paired board because of the slight reverse implied odds. Did you just watch this video? Going back 6 years! I hope it still holds up!
  • PaulG68 Posts: 5Subscriber
    Perfect. Yep, watched the video - it's old but is still good. Totally realise the rev implied odds (which will be for the villain). Was just wanting to know the minimum bet for me to lay a villain when they were drawing on both streets when I believe I am ahead. Normally it's explained the other way around - i.e. what odds you need to call for a draw.
    Thanks a lot!