Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

$2/$5: Can We Fold Top Pair to 1 Bet Here?

[Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited June 2016 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
SB has $1000, MP2 has $400 and I cover. MP2 limps, I raise button with A 3 to $20, SB calls.

Flop: J T 3 Pot $65 Checks around.

Turn: 6 Pot $65 Checks around.

River: A Pot $65 SB checks, MP2 bets $50.

MP2 is fishy 55-60ish guy. Seen him try to bluff before a couple of times. Not sure if he's bluffing here. I doubt he's betting for thin value (like a J) but I think he may be bluffing.

Call/fold and why?
Tagged:

Comments

• pokertime Posts: 2,180Subscriber
    Never folding. I guess if you think he's bluffing just call but I might even min raise.
  • stayinschool Posts: 2,969Subscriber
    are the cards wrong? we have 2 pair on river
  • AJoff Posts: 546Subscriber
    This seems like a pretty standard raise/fold with two pair.
  • Dab44 Posts: 408Subscriber
    look like you have 2 pairs here, pretty easy call.
  • [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2016
    CORRECTION: Flop was J T 4 We only have one pair on the river. Sorry.
    JapanTown said:
    I think I still call. No one showed any interest and that's a good bluff card.
  • Bonezy Posts: 82Subscriber
    JapanTown said:
    I still call. You said yourself you dont think he is going for thin value here. So you have a bluff catcher. Yes he can show up with KQ but dont you think he would open that hand pre from mp? His bet looks like 98 or some busted gutter ball. Dont think we can fold here given your read. He super poloarized.

• Results:
    Spoiler:
    I called. He had KQ.
    JapanTown said:
    Results:
    Spoiler:
    I called. He had KQ.
    Spoiler:
    Happens. Not that surprising but we let him get there. If anything it just shows that we should probably be cbetting when we raise the button and even double barreling when nothing changes on the turn and villain checks again.

• PBJTIME Posts: 336Subscriber
    pokertime said:
    JapanTown said:
    Results:
    Spoiler:
    I called. He had KQ.
    Spoiler:
    Happens. Not that surprising but we let him get there. If anything it just shows that we should probably be cbetting when we raise the button and even double barreling when nothing changes on the turn and villain checks again.

Spoiler:

I'm fine with the way you played this hand. I'm rarely c-bet bluffing when the flop contains both a J and a T. It just hits the callers range so often. Given your description of the villain, your river call is fine.