Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

$2/$5 Come Back From Lunch, Flop Top Full House

mythomaniac Posts: 284Subscriber
edited June 2016 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
$2-5 1,000 cap
$1,500 effective

I take my seat just as it's my big blind and get dealt 10 10 . Folds to Villain (MP) who opens $20. He can be wide from here and can over value suited connectors. I just call. I don't want to 3b and give him any indicator I'm strong. He tends to give me credit in 3b pots and plays fit or fold.

Flop ($42) 10 9 9

I lead! $25

My thoughts...
We have an aggressive dynamic HU.
I think I can get him to call all his OK draws, and floats; raise with combo draws and 9's; as well as call with overpairs.
I want to control the pot size. He can get tricky with strong hands and slowplay spots where I think he is missing value and I don't want that to happen.

Who check raises small here $1,500 effective?

Thanks Everyone

Comments

• BananaStandBananaStand Posts: 1,455Troll
    I don't like leading, for the same reasons you didn't like 3betting.

Leading three streets here for three quarter pot gets 30/75/175 in the middle. That would be really unsatisfying given how rare these monsters are.

Gotta get two bets in at some point. A check raise on the flop looks wider and more like a draw than it would on any other street.

You gotta get multiple bets in somewhere if you wanna make money with this hand. The exponential betting of poker means that the earlier you start, the bigger the final pot.

If villain checks back this flop you weren't making money anyway. If he's got two red 4'S or something then you're better off letting him try to catch. He'll still go broke if he does.
  • stayinschool Posts: 2,969Subscriber
    I like a flop c/r as well
  • Yossar1an Posts: 3Subscriber
    edited June 2016
    There seems to be quite a few oxymorons here.

An aggressive player who calls his ok draws heads up? Why would leading be better than c/r here?
  • CountRoblivionCountRoblivion Posts: 54Member
    I like a lead if you think he's likely to raise here and likely to continue betting on the turn so we can checkraise there. Otherwise I'm for the checkraise flop also.
  • Letmewin1 Posts: 1,238Member
    If you have an aggressive dynamic then c/r is best since you should have some draws in your range.
  • mythomaniac Posts: 284Subscriber
    Sounds like c/r was the better option. I lead, he snap folded. Said something about two red cards. Probably wasn't going to be a big pot anyway but I'll keep it in mind next time for a small c/r and if he doesn't bite then go bet bet.