Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

$2/$5: Playing QQ Postflop vs a 3-Bet

[Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited June 2016 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
This is more of a theoretical discussion as it's a pretty common situation. You open QQ, you get 3-bet. Let's say you're deep enough to comfortably flat and you flat. Flop comes low. 3-bettor c-bets................ Now what? :)

Well, the "what" depends on 3-bettors range. For simplicity's sake let's assume it's all value. If it doesn't include AK then this is a no brainer fold.. yes to one flop bet. If it does, then things get a little more dicey. Not only does AK have to be in the 3b range but V also has to cbet when he whiffs. If these two conditions are satisfied then the flop becomes a call.

Thoughts?
Tagged:

Comments

• MarcusMarcus Posts: 104Subscriber
    I would try to decide the range of hands that THIS player 3 bets. Some players don't 3 bet mid pair hands and some do. This players image and our image can really play a role in this hand too. Also stack depth plays a big role in this situation too. If we check call flop and turn we can play 5th street chicken too.
  • stayinschool Posts: 2,969Subscriber
    almost always calling flop
  • PBJTIME Posts: 338Subscriber
    Position matters here IMO.

Let's say you're in position. Vs most opponents, I'm never folding to one bet.

Let's say you're OOP. If the flop comes low, do you ever consider leading?
  • stayinschool Posts: 2,969Subscriber
    PBJTIME said:
    Position matters here IMO.

Let's say you're in position. Vs most opponents, I'm never folding to one bet.

Let's say you're OOP. If the flop comes low, do you ever consider leading?
    No, leading is one of those, "Make the hand easier to play/find out where you are at plays" that I really don't like. You fold out any hand that would bluff and get called/raised by hands that have you beat.
  • BananaStandBananaStand Posts: 1,455Troll
    What's the SPR?

This is really a question of commitment. Weigh everything you know about the villain, his tendencies, the SPR, and all other factors and decide if you're committed. If all the money went in right now, do you have a positive expectation?

If yes, then go broke. If not pot control and try to realize your show-down value.